Big screens ??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Forgive my ignorance, but these big screens - how much bigger are they actually going to get?... because at the moment it looks as though someone's just popped down to Argos, bought a couple of 42"ers, one in extreme widescreen, and slapped them up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Forgive my ignorance, but these big screens - how much bigger are they actually going to get?... because at the moment it looks as though someone's just popped down to Argos, bought a couple of 42"ers, one in extreme widescreen, and slapped them up.

The webcam isn't in actual size. Did you see the sections go up and how each one of them compared to the size of the man locking them in place. A 42" screen it most definitely is not.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The webcam isn't in actual size. Did you see the sections go up and how each one of them compared to the size of the man locking them in place. A 42" screen it most definitely is not.

Fair enough, I was living in some deluded fantasy land that they'd be the size of the square space between the South Stand and the West upper tiers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It looks as though, they've removed a load of the pixelcards from the front face of the top line of modules, and have installed those modules with those cards missing. Presumably this is because the top line houses the powers supplies, electronics, etc, and they are wiring everything up, before they re-fit the pixelcards.

These are not my company's product, so its just educated speculation. Probably right though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That sounds like a very low definition?

It is what it is. This is why I corrected all the people who were getting excited about getting 'HD' like some American Football ground. The technology, is HD, the resolution is not. You could show a small section of a true HD image on it!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
images

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have to say they don't look THAT big, as in as big as people were describing them to be...

14.4 ft High x 31.2 Wide isn't big? You must have one hell of a living room wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports