Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Match Revisited 1979 - Albion, Palace

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can remember the away fans used to be in the South Stand before the North East Corner.

When the South stand was terracing, there was a loud and "boisterous" home support in there. I don't recall a specific segregated away end until the north east corner pen was erected. There were various areas used prior to that, but we often had rival supporters in the south. Most notable recollections being West Ham and Millwall.

Jan 30, 2008
When the South stand was terracing, there was a loud and "boisterous" home support in there. I don't recall a specific segregated away end until the north east corner pen was erected. There were various areas used prior to that, but we often had rival supporters in the south. Most notable recollections being West Ham and Millwall.
Swindon , Mansfield :whistle:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Ah yes. Remember Mansfield. I recall being surprised how many of them there were. I must have missed Swindon, though.
top of the table game i believe , Mansfield got run out of the south stand into the south west terrace where they got a slap :)
regards
DR

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Bristol Rovers in the 8-2 defeat. They were behind the goal in the South Stand , until now I didn't know they had a few fans in the North Stand. Palace were put in the NE Corner and had part of the Chicken Run next to it when they came down in 76.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The away fans were definitely in the NE corner before then , the fencing was like the metal fences surrounding the prison in The Walking Dead.

The NE corner definitely wasn't fenced off for away fans before 78/79 although the OB might have stuck them there occasionally.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The NE corner definitely wasn't fenced off for away fans before 78/79 although the OB might have stuck them there occasionally.

There was 12 foot high meshed fencing between the North Stand and the NE Corner.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There was 12 foot high meshed fencing between the North Stand and the NE Corner.

Since when....there was a double fence yes, but not 12ft...8 maybe....and that ne corner pen was there from at least 77..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here