Big Dave - Premiership bound

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dave Beasant has got himself a trial at fulham, and has flown out to Austria on their pre-season tour.

I, along with others, scoffed when his agent said he could still do it at Premiership.

Good luck to ya Dave. You've held out and have certainly put yourself in with a chance of a better deal than £500 pw.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I heard he was going to Wycombe, with his old pal "dirty Sanchez"

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
good ol' Dave.
I doubt he'll do it much in the prem tho, they've got Maik Taylor and Edwin Van Der Sar, but good luck anyway Beasant,

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rumour all summer has been that Van der Sar was on his way, but it just never seems to happen.

That would be a massive saving on wages if he left and Big Dave came in.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Nah, not Dave, he'll never stop playing.
Bit like Alec Stewart, he'll never stop playing test cricket.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Even if Van der Sar goes, there is no chance that Dave would replace Taylor. It would be a reserve player/coaching role at most.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Won't get a game, so... money is more important than playing for Big Dave... really glad we landed Ben...

midlandseagull

Jul 7, 2003
bewdley
bigc said:
good ol' Dave.
I doubt he'll do it much in the prem tho, they've got Maik Taylor and Edwin Van Der Sar, but good luck anyway Beasant,

Taylor is on his way out apparently as they cannot afford van der saar's wages and not play him. That'll put Big Dave on the bench every week . Not bad for a geriatric:D LOL

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
B.W. said:
Won't get a game, so... money is more important than playing for Big Dave... really glad we landed Ben...

You are spot-on. I thought he said he was after 1st team football and extending his playing career.

Hmm, money talks I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports