Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Big Brother 1st World problems

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
and Dot the hamster

Well I was thinking that but hamsters and cats dont mix, in which case I'd be certain to be having loads of old snooker highlights on loop on you tube

Theres a parrot on youtube who turns the lights on - Alexa all lighst on. That could get REALLY annoying when the parrots (who obviously repeat what you say) start playing their favourite music, ordering you pizza, taxis, they taking over, you could get Jamied by your own pet or kids

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It will only be someone elses opinion of wine..who cares how its produced, how expensive it is or where its from as long as YOU like it.

Yes but you can tell others how good or bad it is....I read one good review of a Portuguese wine that I wouldn't have touched and it was a decent review so I tried it...very nice!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've got an Echo (Alexa) and I have found it to be a bit twitchy in terms of what it recognises as the 'wake' word.

As I understand it the device dedicates a small portion of its power to just listening for the word 'Alexa' and isn't just listening to the general conversations or noise of the house. However it's definitely woken up when I've said something that its construed as 'Alexa'.

This isn't you is it? (Warning: language is NSFW)

https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/3022563024457534/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Alexa never forgets what you say - however long ago it was. You'll know that when you next have an argument with her.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's all! That's ALL!!!! I think that's bloody terrifying .... so glad I'm old punk:
I agree. And I'm not having some bug in my house recording everything I say.

I realise that by using anything you're sharing data about yourself, but the intrusive nature of Facebook and these home devices is truly scary.

Not for me Clive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here