Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Luckily I cant think of one single top club in Europe currently screaming for a new keeper. They all seem pretty happy with what they got. Obviously this will change at some point but I think there is zero risk of losing him this summer.

Yep, probably right. We also have to take into account the recently signed contact to 2025, any bid right now would have to be huge. I don't think he'd want to move now anyway if I'm honest.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That video- incredible. Don't know why but it can be easy to imagine GKs as the worst footballer in the team, as opposed to a truly distinctive athlete in their own right.
Some of those reactions, from all three, is utterly insane.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think he's going to be incredibly hard to hold on to for much longer

Probably not as hard as you think, seeing as he's under a new, long term contract.

No way would we sell him....yet. It'll take stupid money to for us to even consider it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably not as hard as you think, seeing as he's under a new, long term contract.

No way would we sell him....yet. It'll take stupid money to for us to even consider it.

It’s brilliant........another locked in where we either have a top player on our hands, or a colossal amount of cash if sold. Great reflection on our overall approach in that article too. I sense he’s going to get picked for one of the games in this set of matches.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think he's going to be incredibly hard to hold on to for much longer

He’s No 1 at an improving Premier League team so it’s going very well for him. Two more years here before Chelsea or someone come calling I hope.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Correct, our club have been brilliant at staying one step ahead and ensuring our young talent are signed up to long term deals.

Like we did with Ben White, Lamptey, Alzate, Connolly, Sanzhez and even Potter himself. We recognised their qualities early on and ensured we protected our assets.

There’s always a chance someone offers silly money for our talent. Now with the contracts we can ensure that any exits won’t be on the cheap.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd be surprised if Sanchez was fifth choice. That would imply the club were unaware or unappreciative of his talent which seems unlikely. Based on the limited times I'd seen them play he always looked the more likely to succeed at a higher level than Walton. Steele is clearly here as nothing more than back up.

I reckon we went into the season with Ryan as number one, Steele as the designated and perpetual back up and with Walton and Sanchez vying for the de facto role of number two keeper should an injury/loss of form occur to Ryan.

It would have been interesting to see who got the nod if Walton hadn't injured himself but his lack of quality with the ball at his feet, if nothing else, suggests (to me) he would struggle to hold down the first team jersey.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think Button was gone before the start of the season.

Button left about a week before the season started, so there is certainly an argument that in pre-season Sanchez and Walton were battling out to be 4th choice until Button went to West Brom. Had Walton not got injured in the friendly against Chelsea it’s entirely possible that Sanchez could have gone out on loan again. Sanchez has really seized the opportunity given to him and looking like it’s going to lead to huge things for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Button left about a week before the season started, so there is certainly an argument that in pre-season Sanchez and Walton were battling out to be 4th choice until Button went to West Brom. Had Walton not got injured in the friendly against Chelsea it’s entirely possible that Sanchez could have gone out on loan again. Sanchez has really seized the opportunity given to him and looking like it’s going to lead to huge things for him.
When Walton came on in that Chelsea game I did wonder if the club had him lined up as 'next in line'. He looked nervous to me, shaky, and flapped a bit - until he came out and claimed a big cross - and injured himself. Certainly bad luck - and possibly bad timing for him too!
Sanchez has surely grabbed his chance with both hands.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd be surprised if Sanchez was fifth choice. That would imply the club were unaware or unappreciative of his talent which seems unlikely. Based on the limited times I'd seen them play he always looked the more likely to succeed at a higher level than Walton. Steele is clearly here as nothing more than back up.

I reckon we went into the season with Ryan as number one, Steele as the designated and perpetual back up and with Walton and Sanchez vying for the de facto role of number two keeper should an injury/loss of form occur to Ryan.

It would have been interesting to see who got the nod if Walton hadn't injured himself but his lack of quality with the ball at his feet, if nothing else, suggests (to me) he would struggle to hold down the first team jersey.

Posters frequently like to offer assessments of how the club view our goalkeepers and, unusually, here is what is probably the right answer.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Correct, our club have been brilliant at staying one step ahead and ensuring our young talent are signed up to long term deals.

Like we did with Ben White, Lamptey, Alzate, Connolly, Sanzhez and even Potter himself. We recognised their qualities early on and ensured we protected our assets.

There’s always a chance someone offers silly money for our talent. Now with the contracts we can ensure that any exits won’t be on the cheap.

Yes the point is that there are weaknesses at PL level with all our talent with the exception of Sanchez and there will be silly money if he does continue on as he has done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here