Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*BIG announcement by the QUEEN due at 8am*

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Think of the AG time possibilities at park run though. *winks*

Just checked that up. Would still need to go sub 51 minutes. May have to rely on the rich part and get the best SPDs on the market and bionic body parts and organs.
Will you be at the Park on Saturday? A chance to lap me is to good to turn down...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He married into the Royal Family, so his genes aren't that connected, although he is a distant relative of Queen Victoria.
Being royal didn't help King George VI who died aged 56.
I think it was about 60 fags a day that didn't help King George VI much!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just checked that up. Would still need to go sub 51 minutes. May have to rely on the rich part and get the best SPDs on the market and bionic body parts and organs.
Will you be at the Park on Saturday? A chance to lap me is to good to turn down...

That last bit doesn't sound right!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Says the man that got his knickers in a twist over Corbyn being called a 'mutton headed old mugwump' ...................

I don't recall getting my knickers in a twist over Corbyn being called a 'mutton headed old mugwump'. I try not listen to anything Boris Johnson says.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
110 days work a year - I assume when you're 95 you'll be doing that many days work ?

If the tax payer payed me a few million and provided a huge house I'd happily do so.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wish the Duke of Edinburgh a happy and glorious retirement. He's a very private man and does a lot of charity work that he doesn't like to talk about, but I for one would be fascinated to read his candid memoirs, if he were to pen them once retired though. I'd be particularly interested in his chapter on his 1956 world tour and opening of the Melbourne Olympics. He did visit an awful lot of ports on that tour and despite being a gentleman of the highest order, you can the man out of the navy, but you can't the navy out the man. I wonder how many there were.................

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can't believe there's other Mr Ross taught pupils on here. How many? Best teacher ever. Remembered: the time he walked into class, sat down, hands behind head, looking up to the ceiling in his inimitable style, and said "Decline the verb 'amo', Jenkins (or whoever)". No reply. "Jenkins, decline the verb 'amo', now". No reply. Looks down and across the class and realises Jenkins isn't actually in the classroom. Classic. More stories, please, with its own thread to discover other Mr Ross taught students?

Maybe you had to be there but that really is one of the unfunniest "anecdotes" I have ever heard.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If the tax payer payed me a few million and provided a huge house I'd happily do so.

Quite. He's hardly hod carrying or running his legs off in an Amazon super-warehouse is he.

Respect for his military career but I would imagine his "work day" consists of Breakfast at 10. Second Breakfast at 11:30. Driven to say, a school for the blind, wobble about shaking a few hands and making a few inappropriate comments, driven to lunch, promise some more taxpayers money to one pf his pet charities. Home by 2 for a Port and newspaper in his favourite chair. Fair play at 95 but I imagine that's pretty much been his working day for a good 50 years.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Perhaps Prince Philip could take over the Brexit negotiations, and bring his much-needed diplomatic skill in dealing with foreigners.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Hopefully - got to get shot of a touch of manflu first.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps Prince Philip could take over the Brexit negotiations, and bring his much-needed diplomatic skill in dealing with foreigners.....

The legend in his own words:

British women can't cook.

I would like to go to Russia very much, although the *******s murdered half my family.

If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and flies but is not an aeroplane and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.

If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty–eyed.

Looked as though it had been put in by an Indian.

Do you still throw spears at each other?

Oh yes, there's a lot of orphanges in Romania - they must breed them.

The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop the tourism, we could stop the congestion.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Freddie Mercury's band and she are teaming up for the 2 Queens tour?

article-1169307-01EC3A8F0000044D-100_306x469.jpg

the-queen-of-england-21753964.jpg

Harry's head is already bobbing up and down in agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here