Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC season card holders

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
You did rather ask for the joke replies by not making 100% obvious you're a Sunderland fan asking about your club. Get the feeling your club is calling your bluff but as many have said surely they are on a sticky wicket legally.
As another poster pointed out with my avatar and user name thought it would be obvious but hey ho. Think they might have a change of mind after the reaction from our fans today, one of the people I go to matches with works for the SFA and they're on it Metal punk:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Would not think Sunderland will get away with this. However if Albion were in Div 1/2 I would have given consideration to waiving refund. I think our match day income is about £25m Small in comparison to TV money.. I will have my £40ish per game returned and if I have to pay to watch each Albion game on TV. I still find it sad that players have not come forward and reduced wages knowing that Albion are losing about £1m per home game. Still think the £250k they lobbed in between them was a joke.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If as stated earlier Sunderland aren’t taking payments until the beginning of next month then it must be safe to assume they will also have changed the T&Cs before that date.

If I’m reading things correctly the club has also agreed to hold ST holders’ seats for them should they decide to cancel and sign up again once fans are allowed back in to the stadium.

I might have missed it but are Sunderland refunding fans for games played behind closed doors this season?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The streaming season ticket seems to being adopted by the Scottish Premiership clubs.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11999602/scottish-premiership-set-for-august-return-with-new-sky-sports-deal

Clearly if the Albion decided to go down this route I wouldn't expect many would be happy matchday prices for a stream of the game, which is even more expensive if you go with family members or friends who would watch the game together at home.

If the club were to retain £10 per game and provide the stream and refund the balance of the ST would this be more acceptable?

Only marginally for me. Season ticket holding families of 4 would be paying £40 for a stream that others pay £10 for

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
If as stated earlier Sunderland aren’t taking payments until the beginning of next month then it must be safe to assume they will also have changed the T&Cs before that date.

If I’m reading things correctly the club has also agreed to hold ST holders’ seats for them should they decide to cancel and sign up again once fans are allowed back in to the stadium.

I might have missed it but are Sunderland refunding fans for games played behind closed doors this season?

If the games are played then no refund just a single camera stream which has been unreliable in the past. We get a refund if the EFL cancels the rest of the season.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The streaming season ticket seems to being adopted by the Scottish Premiership clubs.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11999602/scottish-premiership-set-for-august-return-with-new-sky-sports-deal

Clearly if the Albion decided to go down this route I wouldn't expect many would be happy matchday prices for a stream of the game, which is even more expensive if you go with family members or friends who would watch the game together at home.

If the club were to retain £10 per game and provide the stream and refund the balance of the ST would this be more acceptable?

Presumably a full refund for all games shown on TV anyway - which is probably close to half of our home games?

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
What happens about parking season ticket, do we get a refund? Also has anyone been contacted regarding 20/21 parking ticket?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would be perfectly happy to waive any refund and allow the club to keep my DD payments IF the club provided me with a proper stream for ALL our remaining 19/20 games and the same for 20/21 season until we can return to the AMEX. And I do mean a proper stream not some dodgy old-style seagulltv type streams.

I think that is entirely fair. The club just emails STH's with the URL, login and password. How difficult can that be?

Club is happy because it gets to keep our money.

Fans are happy because they get access to watch all our remaining games this season.

What's not to like?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I decided to let the club keep my 2019/20 season ticket money; just a little thank you to Tony which I had already budgeted for.

I'll think about 2020/21 when we have more clarity on what will be happening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would be perfectly happy to waive any refund and allow the club to keep my DD payments IF the club provided me with a proper stream for ALL our remaining 19/20 games and the same for 20/21 season until we can return to the AMEX. And I do mean a proper stream not some dodgy old-style seagulltv type streams.

I think that is entirely fair. The club just emails STH's with the URL, login and password. How difficult can that be?

Fans are happy because they get access to watch all our remaining games this season.

What's not to like?

Would you feel the same if your household contained four season ticket holders?

Maybe it does, but I think some homes where there are 2+ STH might feel more aggrieved at such an approach.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

What's not to like?

The article linked in post 19 notes that the money owing for the remaining 2019/20 games will be rolled into the new 5 year contract so (assuming a similar deal is struck between the PL and Sky) it is win win for the club where people have donated to them for those games.
There is also a mention from the official Rangers Supporters group of streaming for STH being ‘complimentary,’ which means ‘free.’ I do not see this as a way in which we can be charged for not receiving what we paid for ie a match ticket. Quite the opposite.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

What's not to like?

I get access via Sky Sports BT sports or my firestick already
I pay for 2 ST's so there is a lot not to like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here