BHA January transfer watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't want to rush anyone about the signing of a striker, but not long to go now. Just saying.

Reading between the lines I think the spin when the window closes will include the words "very difficult, too expensive, FFP, complicated, tried our best, only players who can improve the squad" and a number of others and then the rumours about getting GM in at the end of February will gain momentum only to be dashed by Eddie Howe refusing to let him come here because we won't stump up 100% of his wages. More talk of "difficult and tried our best" will be regurgitated when the loan window closes.

So we are going to have to make do with what we have :thumbsup:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Reading between the lines I think the spin when the window closes will include the words "very difficult, too expensive, FFP, complicated, tried our best, only players who can improve the squad" and a number of others and then the rumours about getting GM in at the end of February will gain momentum only to be dashed by Eddie Howe refusing to let him come here because we won't stump up 100% of his wages. More talk of "difficult and tried our best" will be regurgitated when the loan window closes.

Jordan Rhodes is back on the market....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Only activity I can see happening will be Ince going to Fulham, and us getting Murray at end of Feb.

Naylor mentioned he wouldn't be surprised if there was activity coming in and going out this weekend. Well nothing has happened yet. Maybe out was the Ince deal and potentially in was either Bamford/Pritchard coming in.

So I'm expecting a quiet day tomorrow. Just hope Hemed re-discovers his form and Zamora doesn't get injured. Plus Bong & Rosenior come back quickly!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

You forgot "competing against those who have parachute payments"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Danny Holla signed for Chinese club Chongquing Lifan.
Hopefully a fee involved

January transfer window still open! :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You'd hope so, they are splashing the cash over there.

Even if not its another one off of the wage bill, perhaps in preperation for that striker at end of February.

Transfer window open until 26th Feb in China.

Hmmm...... Looks like a spoof account using the Chinese club's heading etc.
Hold your horses on the celebrations. I must be getting old..........Why on earth do people do that sort of thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports