BHA January transfer watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I see Sheff Wed have agreed a deal to sign Blackman from Reading..... thats got to be a LOT of money...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sheffield Wednesday likely to be a force in the shake up.
Though conversely, if this one goes through, Reading will be all the weaker for it.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Prior to this.season scored 9 in 85 for Reading. Certainly no guarantee he will replicate his early season form for a new team

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Prior to this.season scored 9 in 85 for Reading. Certainly no guarantee he will replicate his early season form for a new team

He would need to start well, to get the fans on side, what with him being ex Sheff Utd, and all that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sheffield Wednesday likely to be a force in the shake up.
Though conversely, if this one goes through, Reading will be all the weaker for it.

I'm not so sure that his potential departure will affect Reading too much. Admittedly Blackman hit a purple patch earlier in the season goal scoring wise, but those goals seem to have dried up somwhat now.

Frankly if I were Reading, and the fee is/was £3m, then I'd take the money.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If it is the 3 million mentioned above its not too big a gamble but anymore and itd be a big risk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
For what I've seen, Blackman looks like a very decent centre forward. Very tricky and willing to run at people. Looks like he's just entering his peak at 26. Not a bad signing for Wednesday at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not so sure that his potential departure will affect Reading too much. Admittedly Blackman hit a purple patch earlier in the season goal scoring wise, but those goals seem to have dried up somwhat now.

Frankly if I were Reading, and the fee is/was £3m, then I'd take the money.

Unless he's out of contract in the summer, £3m is a very reasonable price, for a 26 year old striker with pace and power, that is at the top of the Championship scoring charts.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My biggest concern is that if we do sign a flair South American striker like JC, will we be able to provide the service?

I remember reading about Man Utd scouts going to see a schoolboy breaking records for goals scored and signing the boy who provided all the assists. Can't remember who it was though.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
This. A gamble on par with our signing of CMS.

I would say it is a bigger gamble

I have been to a few Reading matches this season as my son has got into football and it is our local side. The beginning of the year he was sensational, but after that it all went downhill again. He wasn't rated up until the end of last season.

CMS at least had a couple of seasons free scoring, albeit in a lower league.

He is out of contract in the summer as well so £3m is absolutely great business for Reading. I would also say that we were lucky to miss Vydra, on Saturday he was absolutely awful and hasn't been great apart from that. McDermott gave him praise for making a tackle that led to the goal, however it was very much a case of clutching at positive straws

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most Reading fans think Blackman is turd. Was poor for them for a number of years, hit a purple patch early on but been poor since. Pretty bad attitude too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports