Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We would not want to bring in a full back as a first choice when Bong is back but thought that a 34 year old may provide cover so that we are not caught out again as obviously Chicksen is not rated or wanted.

Competing with Calde for 4th choice left back is definitely an area which had escaped my priority list, well spotted

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I read in a paper yesterday that JLloyd Samuels ex Villa left back looking for a club in England. He is 34 but could he be the back up for Bong if we can release Chicksen? Also I read Bournemouth have terminated Joe Bennetts loan so they can bring in more loans.

JLloyd Samuels, have you seen him much? the amount of players you think we should sign without knowing anything about them is laughable

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
JLloyd Samuels, have you seen him much? the amount of players you think we should sign without knowing anything about them is laughable
Was a decent player, but don't know how much he's been playing lately, so is he match fit? We hardly need another unfit LB, and anyway we've got Ridgewell now to cover until Bong (hopefully) is back.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Good call.

I suggested him at the end of last season along with Tom Bradshaw at Walsall.

Both seem to have kicked on this season.

Dack is a midfielder though and probably similar to Towell.

[tweet]683378368352530432[/tweet]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good call.

I suggested him at the end of last season along with Tom Bradshaw at Walsall.

Both seem to have kicked on this season.

Dack is a midfielder though and probably similar to Towell.

I have suggested Bradshaw a couple of times, I would have been happy to have him in August, seems a bit of a risk asking him to step up and support a promotion push to the Premier league though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I read in a paper yesterday that JLloyd Samuels ex Villa left back looking for a club in England. He is 34 but could he be the back up for Bong if we can release Chicksen? Also I read Bournemouth have terminated Joe Bennetts loan so they can bring in more loans.

Is Ridgewell injured already?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Was a decent player, but don't know how much he's been playing lately, so is he match fit? We hardly need another unfit LB, and anyway we've got Ridgewell now to cover until Bong (hopefully) is back.

hes been playing at a poor standard the last 2 season

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sorry bit of a BG rumour ( heard from a millwall fan) been told we are watching Aidan o Brien. Palace also interested.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another to forget about perhaps

14:25
BRIDCUTT WANTS TO STAY

Liam Bridcutt is hoping to extend his loan spell at Leeds United after admitting he needs to leave Sunderland.

"Saturday was officially my last game but we're in the middle of sorting it out now," he told Leeds' official website. "I'm hoping to extend it until the end of the season.

"I want to extend it and Leeds want me here. It's just waiting on Sunderland now.

"For now, I think it would be an extension of the loan until the end of the season, but I'd be happy for a permanent move. I think it's about time for me to move on from Sunderland now and I'm ready for a new challenge.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Another to forget about perhaps

14:25
BRIDCUTT WANTS TO STAY

Liam Bridcutt is hoping to extend his loan spell at Leeds United after admitting he needs to leave Sunderland.

"Saturday was officially my last game but we're in the middle of sorting it out now," he told Leeds' official website. "I'm hoping to extend it until the end of the season.

"I want to extend it and Leeds want me here. It's just waiting on Sunderland now.

"For now, I think it would be an extension of the loan until the end of the season, but I'd be happy for a permanent move. I think it's about time for me to move on from Sunderland now and I'm ready for a new challenge.

I doubt our interest in him was concrete, to be honest. Given the circumstances of his departure, and the style of football that CH has implemented, he's not the player for us.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I doubt our interest in him was concrete, to be honest. Given the circumstances of his departure, and the style of football that CH has implemented, he's not the player for us.

Maybe. But not the worse idea in the world to have him on the bench to bring on to close out a game when we're winning. Might be a better option that Ince?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Maybe. But not the worse idea in the world to have him on the bench to bring on to close out a game when we're winning. Might be a better option that Ince?

The way things have gone lately, he'd never be needed.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

If we were a Premier League side, I'd agree with you. But I couldn't see him coming back to us to sit on the bench, and I doub't CH, PB and TB would see it as a good area to spend a chunk of the wage budget on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here