Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
If Middlesbrough get McCormack we might as well give them the title. Given the attacking players they already have, he would be a ridiculous addition. However, you do wonder how they would pass financial fairplay.

I do wonder if Fulham will let him go as they've just got a new manager and also have a transfer embargo so could only sign a loanee or free transfer to replace him.

think 'boro have it pretty well wrapped up now, without needing McCormack

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our strength this season has been the wide positions. Kazenga was stunning for the first six weeks, March was even better in the six weeks before he got injured, and Rosenior was a quality defensive option in front of Bruno. These are the players that won us a lot of games.

So with two of them out for months and no guarantee that Kazenga will come back and stay fit for the rest of the season, I really think we need to focus on adding two more wide players. We need options on the right and the left. Murphy just hasn't been good enough and Van La Parra is a totally ineffective player we should go nowhere near. So after getting a new striker, I would use all the remaining budget to add more pace, goals and guile out wide.

Completely agree. One winger available cost us yesterday. One thing I would say is Murphy was fantastic in November - he's only struggles since we've had Calde at left back cos there's nobody for him to link up with. I think it's a bit harsh on him as its completely affected his role...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up.

Even for you this is outstanding, what could CH have done different?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.
:moo: :moo: :moo:

I blame CH for that great start to the season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You really are clueless. We were punching above our weight already with a fully fit squad when you look at the squads Middlesbrough, Derby, Hull, Burnley and QPR have. We then lost a number of key players to injury. It is not tactical deficiency, it is clearly limited options. It is amazing that someone can post so much yet so rarely make sense.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Given the injuries CHs tactics have been spot on. Except for the Boro match we've beaten ourselves rather than have Ipswich and Wolves take us apart. The draws against Derby and QPR were down to us making mistakes rather than them being better. But I'm convinced the start to the season surprised everyone and the big promotion push was planned for next season not this - this season originally meant to be about consolidation after Sami and Burke, and getting the foundations in place

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

What a load a c**p you spout most of the time. There are 22 games to go and who is to say we cant pick up 50 points.
Middlesbro, I think will walk it. But Hull dont appear as world beaters, Derby are good but look what they did last year.
And its all Ch's fault, poor tactics and his failure to follow your advice and buy another left back.
Unbelievable.

Different year......same old bulls**t

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Given the injuries CHs tactics have been spot on. Except for the Boro match we've beaten ourselves rather than have Ipswich and Wolves take us apart. The draws against Derby and QPR were down to us making mistakes rather than them being better. But I'm convinced the start to the season surprised everyone and the big promotion push was planned for next season not this - this season originally meant to be about consolidation after Sami and Burke, and getting the foundations in place

I agree with the first part of your post. I do think the promotion push was for this season, i think without the injuries we would still be in second place or at the top.
I have this feeling that Tony will add in the next week or so.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

This is attention seeking, right? You surely don't really believe this

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

You honestly believe this?

Unbelievable

You are getting worse.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wow. Just fvcking wow.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
To be fair we have in the past brought on a number of young players not least Solly who now worth £? Millions. And of course now with the new Academy in full swing we can expect that to rise..... early days.

Solly was a happy exception. But agree club couldn't have built a better academy. It would be interesting to know how many players the club expects to come through and play for the first team over the next few years.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Any player that is an improvement on what we have is always welcome,
if difficult to obtain but with Solly put for the rest of the year and Luna lua's
injury record wide and creative players must be the priority.
If the stat crunchers can be of use let them be used to find a player with
a good return on corners and free kicks still a weakness for us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Middlesbrough get McCormack we might as well give them the title. Given the attacking players they already have, he would be a ridiculous addition. However, you do wonder how they would pass financial fairplay.

I do wonder if Fulham will let him go as they've just got a new manager and also have a transfer embargo so could only sign a loanee or free transfer to replace him.

Some guy in the bus queue post-Boro was saying that he'd met up with David Burke the previous night. He said (before it was announced) that Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn would be hit by FFP, and also that Boro had some special deal with Chelsea (probably a Karanka-Mourinho link) to develop players. Once you've got that link sorted, probably with the ability to do some creative accounting, then other transfers/wages become that much easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here