Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't see Paul Winstanley's tweets - he must have blocked me ???

Private account isn't it so tweets protected...?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
That was last night, [MENTION=139]Jam The Man[/MENTION] said "tonight".

Yep was definitely last night (Tuesday). I 'liked' the tweet, but couldn't RT it as has been mentioned, his tweets are protected.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sake. Would have been good.

We need to catch up, asap

I am sure the club are trying but it would be good to make some early signings in the transfer window. We don't want to be too slow out of the blocks.....again.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We have already made 2 in fairness

Good point but I am looking for signings that will make our competitors sit up and take notice and let everyone know that we are serious about promotion this season.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm afraid our stumbling block will always be the wages for players.
Unfortunately, as we all should know once you get to the promised land there will be very few players who, if good
enough to play in the PL will play for much less than £45-70K a week, and the ones at the lower end of that pay scale
will be the ones I imagine that Albion will be employing.
I would estimate IMHO that you need to spend realistically £20million plus at the moment, to stand any chance of staying in the PL in your first season,
that is of course if you have a damn good manager that can make a team perform on a very very tight budget, who will also cost a club
a few million for his services.
I can see us getting there one day, but struggling to get 3/4 wins in that season unless Mr Bloom is prepared to shell out millions and millions for players.
This isn't a criticism just an honest observation from planet reality.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Good point but I am looking for signings that will make our competitors sit up and take notice and let everyone know that we are serious about promotion this season.
I know what you mean but we got one of them in Wilson and our form hasn't exactly been great since.

I think we just need real quality improvements in certain areas - I'm not so bothered about whether they make our rivals take notice. Nobody thought the likes of Gaeten Bong would become a key player for us - signings of that nature are fine by me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know what you mean but we got one of them in Wilson and our form hasn't exactly been great since.

I think we just need real quality improvements in certain areas - I'm not so bothered about whether they make our rivals take notice. Nobody thought the likes of Gaeten Bong would become a key player for us - signings of that nature are fine by me.

Quiet but steady, move below the radar.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is anyone aware of any Brighton directors or officials with a Range Rover with the plates 'ALBION' (can't remember the letter/numbers order) ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Spot on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is anyone aware of any Brighton directors or officials with a Range Rover with the plates 'ALBION' (can't remember the letter/numbers order) ?

Doesn't the West Brom chairman own that?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The club owned that number plate since the 90s. I think Greg Stanley used to have it.

ALB10N

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The club owned that number plate since the 90s. I think Greg Stanley used to have it.

ALB10N

That looks right. Seen on the M25 at 7am this morning with 2 chaps suited in the front. I came off at the M3 and they were still heading around clockwise..

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
That looks right. Seen on the M25 at 7am this morning with 2 chaps suited in the front. I came off at the M3 and they were still heading around clockwise..

Well, that rules out any players signing from Gillingham, Southend, Ipswich and Norwich (or South and East London)......unless they were lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here