Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Better song for Mitoma - suggestion

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
His wonder goal on Saturday reinforced the fact that Kaoru deserves much better than the predictable and uninspiring re-working of the Bissouma/Tequila song which every other feckin club seems to have a version of for in-form players with three syllables in their name - granted this tune will be more familiar to those of a certain age but as other current songs for Albion players are based on hits by the likes of Boney M, the Beautiful South and the Proclaimers, sure 'the youth' could get the hang of it too ;)... anyway, my suggestion is 'M-m-m-my Mitoma' to the chorus of 'My Sharona' by The Knack - note that the drums/bassline have excellent stompalong potential and it includes a massive "Wooooh!" which would be great for terrace singalongs (y)(y) - anyway, here's the tune to refresh your memory and hope some of the North Stand influencers think this is worth running with:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The homogenisation of football songs is increasingly weird. Against Luton it felt like every single one of "their" songs was one of "ours". I wonder if players can actually identify when a song is for them when that's the case?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Altogether now...
Who's that man from Kawasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture?

*edit* needs a bit more work
This is actually great.

Who's that man from Kawasaki,
Kanagawa Prefecture?
Kaoru Mitoma is his name,
And he scores a goal a game,
And we won't mention Trossard any more.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
His wonder goal on Saturday reinforced the fact that Kaoru deserves much better than the predictable and uninspiring re-working of the Bissouma/Tequila song which every other feckin club seems to have a version of for in-form players with three syllables in their name - granted this tune will be more familiar to those of a certain age but as other current songs for Albion players are based on hits by the likes of Boney M, the Beautiful South and the Proclaimers, sure 'the youth' could get the hang of it too ;)... anyway, my suggestion is 'M-m-m-my Mitoma' to the chorus of 'My Sharona' by The Knack - note that the drums/bassline have excellent stompalong potential and it includes a massive "Wooooh!" which would be great for terrace singalongs (y)(y) - anyway, here's the tune to refresh your memory and hope some of the North Stand influencers think this is worth running with:

Simple no-nonesense and based on a classic tune. Thumbs up from me (y) :correct:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My my my Mitoma
Fly fly fly Mitoma
We can see, the goals he scores f-r-e-e-l-y
Defenders all hate him but we keep on asking for more

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Kauru Mitoma, he makes me happy
Kauru Mitoma, runs down the line
Kauru Mitoma slinging crosses over
and scoring worldies from time to time

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
“He’s just our brilliant Japanese,
He’s just our brilliant Japanese,

Karou Mitoma”.

Repeat, ad infinitum.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
He's a twisting and turning Japanese
Twisting and Turning Japanese
We really think so

He is Mitoma, Mitoma we all shout
We will watch him turn you inside and out

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Its a big yes from me.

I've suggested this a few times but its never gained traction. It's such a simple and catchy song to sing that everyone can pick up after hearing it once.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Its a big yes from me.

I've suggested this a few times but its never gained traction. It's such a simple and catchy song to sing that everyone can pick up after hearing it once.
The original lyrics are....
Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind
My, my, my, I, yi, woo!
M-m-m-my Sharona
M-m-m-my Sharona

Switch to....
Kaoru never stops, just give it up, such a touch
We always get up for our Jap we love so much
My, my, my, Kaoru!
M-m-m-my Mitoma
M-m-m-my Mitoma