Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best use of great music with great visual in TV/Film

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

No criticism of your suggestion as these things are obviously subjective, but that scene encompasses all of my own problems with not understanding dance as an art form. He's enraged by being trapped in his class and in his family therefore he's going to express it through tap dancing.*

I just don't get it. I'm happy to dance myself when the moment takes me, but I can't for the life of me see how anyone can be moved by watching other people do it. I'm still asking my wife all these years later why Torville & Dean were considered so much better than all the others. They were all just dancing on ice and if nobody falls over how can you pick a winner?

It's obviously something I'm missing as the massive popularity of stuff like Strictly suggests that millions of other people are really getting something out of watching it. I'd suggest that I have Dancelexia, if this wasn't NSC and I knew that someone would be along in a moment to point out that the 'lexia' element of the word refers to literacy not to an inability.

* - As an aside, the never referenced mixed reality of musical theatre is parodied brilliantly in this Norm MacDonald sketch fom SNL:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's obviously something I'm missing as the massive popularity of stuff like Strictly suggests that millions of other people are really getting something out of watching it. I'd suggest that I have Dancelexia, if this wasn't NSC and I knew that someone would be along in a moment to point out that the 'lexia' element of the word refers to literacy not to an inability.
Since your problem is understanding the appeal / qualities of dancing rather than an inability to dance yourself, I'd suggest a word implying dance-illiteracy is entirely correct.

Nobody expects reverse pedantry. :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Since your problem is understanding the appeal / qualities of dancing rather than an inability to dance yourself, I'd suggest a word implying dance-illiteracy is entirely correct.

Nobody expects reverse pedantry. :lolol:
:ROFLMAO: But without 'Dys' the word wouldn't imply dance illiteracy, it would imply dance literacy.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
For me, got to be the opening scenes of the GOTG series. Really set up the films and brought back some brilliant music to a whole new generation

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Battle on the ice from Alexander Nevsky - great director, great composer, no CGI. It's absolutely brilliant on a big screen

The end of the battle of Agincourt from Branagh's Henry V - moving stuff

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Surprised nobody has said Baby Driver.

The whole film is synced to the music and plays from the perspective of the main character. When he takes a headphone out the music will stop playing from that side, very cool.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Surprised nobody has said Baby Driver.

The whole film is synced to the music and plays from the perspective of the main character. When he takes a headphone out the music will stop playing from that side, very cool.

I was scrolling through to say the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here