Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Tunes With Worst Lyrics

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not even St. Bono's line in the Band Aid single? To be fair, he didn't write it. Tho a bit bizarre that he (or anyone at all) agreed to sing it

I don't mind U2, but Bono just gets up my nose and it gets up my nose that he gets up my nose ... grrrggghhh!

Never understood 'Do They Know It's CHRISTmas' ..... why the fek would they?

"Eyes of the World" - Rainbow. Heard on Planet Rock earlier, has a special place in my memory as I saw and heard it played "live" as the first song at my first "proper" rock concert - Brighton Centre 1980. (ok ignore the support act - have no ideas who they were).

The lyrics sound deep and meaningful if you only half hear them - if you listen closely or read them they are, in the immortal words of the "Fast Show", "..a load of old bo**ocks".

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Paul Weller can make something sound wonderful - but be absolute rubbish if you ever read the lyrics. But then, songs aren't designed to be read.

Duran Duran lyrics are a special case of rubbish - I think they write them just to sound good and fit the tune and not to make any kind of sense at all. Oasis sound alright but their lyrics are just terrible. And then there's euopop....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
"Eyes of the World" - Rainbow. Heard on Planet Rock earlier, has a special place in my memory as I saw and heard it played "live" as the first song at my first "proper" rock concert - Brighton Centre 1980. (ok ignore the support act - have no ideas who they were).

The lyrics sound deep and meaningful if you only half hear them - if you listen closely or read them they are, in the immortal words of the "Fast Show", "..a load of old bo**ocks".

I can be very forgiving in that instance as Mr Blackmore's solo that pans left and right if you are wearing cans is a thing of beauty.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I can be very forgiving in that instance as Mr Blackmore's solo that pans left and right if you are wearing cans is a thing of beauty.

Agreed :) I was also at the concert at the Brighton Centre and the only downside for me, was seeing Graham Bonnet coming onstage in a Hawaiian shirt....it just didn't 'fit'.
(In general, to clarify, I'm sure the size was correct.)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn
The sparkle in your aye
Keeps me alive
Hon de toity hun da hai
Keeps me alive, keeps me alive
The wir
Oh, the wir tunaray
The world and the world, yeah
The wir drags me day
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn, yeah
Hey yeah hey, yeah hey
The fie in your eyes keeps me alay
And the fire in your eyes keeps me alay
Inside her you'll find sanctuary
Inside her you'll find sanctuary

I have changed very few words of that stone gold classic. Very few. In fact I'd wager my edits have improved the clarity.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Anything by Chic including songs written for Diana Ross and Sister Sledge. I know it's traditional for great dance music to have terrible lyrics, but ...

The original lyrics for Le Freak would have been great, but could have limited radio play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here