Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best third party result

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saw this on another forum and thought it would be interesting.

So what is the best result for our club that you can remember, that didn't involve Albion playing.

I mean obviously there was this:

Apart from that I can remember coming back from Chester in 1988 when we had thrown away a 2 goal lead, only to find on the journey home that Notts County had lost at home to Port Vale which meant a win here would take us up:

Yoda

English & European
Reading (also) drawing 2-2 with Tranmere 24 hours after we had won at Peterborough to secure promotion to Division 1 in 01-02

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can’t remember exactly but when we got promoted at Plymouth under Adams we had a number of results go our way. That promotion was a little bit unexpected.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Saw this on another forum and thought it would be interesting.

So what is the best result for our club that you can remember, that didn't involve Albion playing.

I mean obviously there was this:

Apart from that I can remember coming back from Chester in 1988 when we had thrown away a 2 goal lead, only to find on the journey home that Notts County had lost at home to Port Vale which meant a win here would take us up:

Oh go on I haven't put this up for a few weeks :ROFLMAO:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Derby beating Huddersfield so we won promotion on Easter Monday at home rather than at the away game against Norwich on a Wednesday (IIRC) night was pretty good, even if only in terms of allowing us to celebrate it together

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can’t remember exactly but when we got promoted at Plymouth under Adams we had a number of results go our way. That promotion was a little bit unexpected.
Unexpected? We absolutely walked the League. It was unexpected to get promoted that day, as we needed two other results to go our way as well as for us to win. But we had about 6 games left to play, if I can remember.

Maybe that's what you meant actually.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unexpected? We absolutely walked the League. It was unexpected to get promoted that day, as we needed two other results to go our way as well as for us to win. But we had about 6 games left to play, if I can remember.

Maybe that's what you meant actually.
Bad choice of words. You are correct in that I meant the timing was a bit unexpected.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Hereford vs orient on the 2nd to last day in 1997 was pretty handy!
I went to that one. Had an appointment in London so couldn't get down to the Goldstone for the final game. As I was living in Leyton at the time I went to a few of their games so felt I had to go and cheer on the Os that day. Dreadful game, but great result!

Jimmy Grimble

The year we got promoted I remember thinking a Sheffield Wednesday win against Newcastle was good for us. Think it was the same weekend we beat QPR away and Huddersfield also lost, so momentum wise it felt big. Though Newcastle still finished above us!

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
NS concourse was bedlam :lolol:
Was absolutely rocking in there, what I'd give to experience that day again. The full time pitch invasion, the NS concourse absolutely bouncing when Butterfield scored, the place erupting at the final whistle, the trains to Brighton with players crowd surfing and riding fans shoulders down West Street.

What a day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here