Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best thing you have bought this year?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
It's relatively simple to prove that the 44.1kHz sampling rate for CD gives sufficient headroom to cover the entire 20-20kHz spectrum of human hearing, so anything greater than this is absolutely unnecessary - the only reason 48kHz is used for professional work is(was) to make it easier to downsample to other commonly used rates - 8kHz, 16kHz, etc.

192kHz is magic beans. Unless of course you've also purchased my hyper-premium diamond weave unicorn hair interconnects, when all will sonically be revealed...

That statement may be incorrect. There are various reasons for sampling at much higher rates and there are several detailed mathematical references around. Without delving too deeply there are some points on this link and people have commented on it with reference to the need to sample well above 44KHz. It also provides some background into the origins of the 44.1KHz standard.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pr...re-audio-engineers-avoiding-high-sample-rates

Of course feel free to sell your hyper-premium diamond weave unicorn hair interconnects - but please do not mislead people: they need to be connected in the right direction. We are, after all, dealing with ac signals.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
May be showing me age a bit, but Doc told me to keep an eye on my blood pressure. So I bought a little thing from Boots. £20. Bloody hell, but it really is a great bit of kit. (Only goes up to 32cm arm size, the only fault I can think of.)

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
That statement may be incorrect. There are various reasons for sampling at much higher rates and there are several detailed mathematical references around. Without delving too deeply there are some points on this link and people have commented on it with reference to the need to sample well above 44KHz. It also provides some background into the origins of the 44.1KHz standard.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pr...re-audio-engineers-avoiding-high-sample-rates

Of course feel free to sell your hyper-premium diamond weave unicorn hair interconnects - but please do not mislead people: they need to be connected in the right direction. We are, after all, dealing with ac signals.

you jest (are you??) but when I did change my interconnects round the right way the sound was miles better.

also the extra blue tack under the speakers between the stands and the granite chopping boards the stands sit on for stability.

I do believe any old tosh though and im sure its in all the mind

Last edited:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
you jest (are you??) but when I did change my interconnects round the right way the sound was miles better.

also the extra blue tack under the speakers between the stands and the granite chopping boards the stands sit on for stability.

I do believe any old tosh though and im sure its in all the mind

Wow. You've just beaten Ohm's law. Congratulations.

Have a go at perpetual motion next, now that you are on a roll.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Wow. You've just beaten Ohm's law. Congratulations.

Have a go at perpetual motion next, now that you are on a roll.

but, but the arrow clearly indicated which way.

and the man made me buy the better ones that were blue

so I must be right????

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A house.

Just went through yesterday.

A relief is what it is.

Hope it's a happy one.

Most stressful thing I've ever done thanks to the **** that bough my old place, aided and abetted by the ridiculous process in this country, it's easier to spend more on a car or buy a Jimi Hendrix guitar*

* I haven't done either, on that scale personally, and wouldn't be living in a 3 bed semi if I could!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Hope it's a happy one.

Most stressful thing I've ever done thanks to the **** that bough my old place, aided and abetted by the ridiculous process in this country, it's easier to spend more on a car or buy a Jimi Hendrix guitar*

* I haven't done either, on that scale personally, and wouldn't be living in a 3 bed semi if I could!

To be honest, it was not that stressful for us. There was no chain, as they had already emigrated to Australia. They rented the house out in case they didn't settle, and wanted to come back.

It was a friend of a friend's house and we got it for slightly under asking price for a quick sale.

It's in good condition as well, just needs a few tweaks here and there which I'm sure I will be working on whilst the whip is being cracked by the better half.

Greeyjoy

Apr 25, 2022
I bought gaming mouse and help of https://overboost.pro/apex-legends-boosting during play apex legends. Its my favourite game btw. Apex Legends feels like a much faster battle royale experience. In fact, it’s possible to argue that the game has more in common with your typical hero shooter than it does other battle royale games like Fortnite or PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. And with that in mind, it can be hard for some new players to adjust to its pace, especially while trying to aim in frantic shootouts

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here