Best thing from sunday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
1)When we got the penalty I jumped around and celebrated but when Knight scored I stood there and looked around at the whole of our end going mad. It was by far the best decision of the day. Its difficult to describe it but it was such an amazing sight and feeling.

2)Sussex by the sea before the game. That for me was what I'd been dreaming of since January. It bought everything home to me, the club, what it means, the fans and our sense of pride. The day was not only for us here, it was also for everyone that couldnt make it. Not those that couldnt be bothered to queue up or wanted to watch on tv, it was for those that had no choice. RIP to both my grandads. RIP Robert, Im sure every Albion supporter watched it somewhere..

:clap: :clap: :clap:

When the penalty went in I was holding my 6 week old son, and my dad and wife were on either side of me, all hard-core Albion. I had to try and not deafen him by screaming at the top of my voice, and as we were in the first row of the balcony, not accidently drop him. :lolol:
Poor lad though, he freaked out at the huge noise and luckily a friend took him off somewhere quiet for the last 10 minutes.
He'll thank me when he older though, he can tell his mates he was there when Leon did the biz.
The second best thing was walking up the steps into the stadium and suddenly seeing the sea of blue and white (and red). It felt better than Wembley in '83 and '91, the most incredibly awesome moment.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Gary Nelson said:

2)Sussex by the sea before the game. That for me was what I'd been dreaming of since January. It bought everything home to me, the club, what it means, the fans and our sense of pride. The day was not only for us here, it was also for everyone that couldnt make it. Not those that couldnt be bothered to queue up or wanted to watch on tv, it was for those that had no choice.

Just amazing day it will live with me for all time the passion in the crowd it eclipse the fa cup final at wembley

well done Cardiff for an amazing day well run great stewards great Stadium
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agree with Lincs Seagull. The best thing was playing at the national stadium and winning. I'd put it on a level with the first FA Cup Final, and only winning the FA Cup semi was better.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Of course the final whistle and hearing GOSBTS blasting out, but prior to the match it would have to be outrside the pub with the footballs being booted about right in front of the stadium. SKY camera's filming the little square!!

BRILLIANT!!!
:flameboun

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The hang-over on Monday was worth it as well :lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The build-up music just before the teams ran on.What was that?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brixtaan said:
The build-up music just before the teams ran on.What was that?

Oooh, forgot to mention, seeing Brixtaan at Membury was the highlight of my day. He's so HANDSOME!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
You looked pissed-off Chappers, you were running it a bit tight too?

Spare a thought for us, 5 crammed in an open-top 2 seater car.I'm just able to stand properly now, 48 hrs later.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
My saving grace to all the glory hunters, to the chelsea fans I saw at Withdean, to those that live locally who Iv seen play football in their Arsenal shirts, to the bloke in the Weatherspoons pub afterwards who said 'did you see the size of that flag?', to those that will go back to supporting their Premiershite teams today and who will never go again, you did not enjoy it half as much as me!
You dont know what its like to go to places like Stockport when its freezing, or to Rushden on a school night, or to hear GOSBTS before and after the game and stand there, hairs on the back of your net and be so proud of where you live and the team you follow.

A great number of people really didnt know what sunday really meant. :albion:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Agree to an extent. Unless you are a real supporter, you would never have got as much out of the game as us true supporters.

However, all are very welcome, especially when we are trying to make a statement for the Falmer cause.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
My mate turning up with the tickets was the first highlight. I got there at 1 and he didn't turn up until 2.20. Then it was a roller coaster ride to victory, hitting the bar, the penalty, Leon's cheeky swagger, the ball hitting the back of the net, the full time whistle. Exhausted just thinking about it. :clap2: :clap2:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Brixton Seagull 2 said:
When the penalty went in I was holding my 6 week old son, and my dad and wife were on either side of me, all hard-core Albion. I had to try and not deafen him by screaming at the top of my voice, and as we were in the first row of the balcony, not accidently drop him. :lolol:
Poor lad though, he freaked out at the huge noise and luckily a friend took him off somewhere quiet for the last 10 minutes.
He'll thank me when he older though, he can tell his mates he was there when Leon did the biz.
The second best thing was walking up the steps into the stadium and suddenly seeing the sea of blue and white (and red). It felt better than Wembley in '83 and '91, the most incredibly awesome moment.

I had my 6 week son in a papoose at the game Sunday. When we scored his eyes nearly came out on stalks with all the noise. It was even more fitting that he actually stayed awake for the whole of the second half. A great day and in years to come, he can say "I was there!"

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Rushing out to buy it as we speak

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brixtaan said:
You looked pissed-off Chappers, you were running it a bit tight too?

Spare a thought for us, 5 crammed in an open-top 2 seater car.I'm just able to stand properly now, 48 hrs later.

I was a tad worried that our coach driver wanted to stop for the full half hour when it would mean we would definitely not get to Cardiff before half one (got in at 1:45 in the end). I wanted BEER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports