Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best team we've played

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well after this weekend, we'll have played every team once. So in your opinion, who is the best team we've played?

Of course Forest are top, but I remember some of the fans who went to that game (in which we took the lead) saying that we'll be OK if that is the best this league can offer.

We also lost narrowly at Bristol City - but they didn't really convince either apparently.

Yeovil (beat us comfortably), Tranmere (beat us at WITHERS, despite us being bang in form) and last Saturday against Oldham (battered us in the first half and would have beaten us on most days by the sound of it) are surely all right up there.

Personally, I think the top two will be occupied by at least one team not made up of Bristol City, Forest and Scunny. Oldham and Tranmere might be a good bet...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good call Wookie. Funny how since that 3-0 home defeat, Blackpool's season (and ours) have both taken off. Before kick-off in that game, they were in the bottom 4 and we were nearly left in the bottom 4 after the result.

As for Crewe, well they seem to have slipped back since that 4-1 - the game that showed McGhee had finally lost it. I think we'll beat them up there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have only been to the home games (minus Swansea :angry: )

Best team so far were Crewe. NIcky Maynard ran us ragged and the whole team looked like they could challenge Forest for the title. I would have cared, had I not got a stinking hangover from the cricket and a permanent cheshire cat type grin.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool in the cup, 90/91.

Barnes, Rush, McMahon et al.

Incredible that we took them to a replay.

:albion:

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
crewe killed us, but would not do the same now we have a more structured line up.....we can beat anyone in this league on our game !!, Forest looked good when 2-1 up, good playewrs keeping the ball but coxy could have even scored late on that day

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Liverpool in the cup, 90/91.

Barnes, Rush, McMahon et al.

Incredible that we took them to a replay.

:albion:

not really , they were shit then and on decline

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bevendean Hillbilly said:

Agreed, we were playing well at the time but they looked a league apart.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
only seen Cheltenham and cany see them winning league:lolol: but from little ive seen on telly and reports etc i think an outsider could be blackpool, with tranmere/oldaham/forest main players

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't go but it sounded as though Carlisle ran us ragged on the radio

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I would say Tranmere, I still don't know how they hung on in the last 20 minutes.

The Blackpool & Crewe games were because we were shyte on the day.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I didn't think Blackpool or Crewe were anything special, we were just abject. The movement of Crewe's two strikers was impressive though, even if the finishing left a little to be desired (and Maynard still got two :lolol: :glare: ).

I've not been that impressed with any of them really, Forest you can see why they're top, they'll just grind out results, but didn't seem an amazing side. Although that was without Tyson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here