Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ok living or dead , who was/is the greatest

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I did discover Bill Hicks on my own in 1992; Sam Kinison made me grow up.

I've tried to think of someone still alive who's had a profound effect on me, but I can't.

I'm interested to read other replies on this.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
As long as you take away a script, and just let him improvise the whole way along (though he's such a historian of comedy, he'll know every classic joke and its timing back-to-front), the person that cracks me up even more than the venerables like Morecambe/Wise, Jackie Mason, er, Dustin Gee, etc, has to be: PAUL MERTON.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
If you want a comedian who could do 1 hour of clean jokes (rare with todays comedians) and leave you in hysterics there is only one name. BOB MONKHOUSE. The master, god rest his soul.:)

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Easy 10 said:
Lee Evans live is absolutely superb.

Agreed Easy. Saw a video of him live on the coach coming back from the last game against Port Vale 2 years ago. Nearly pissed myself laughing.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gullet said:
Agreed Easy. Saw a video of him live on the coach coming back from the last game against Port Vale 2 years ago. Nearly pissed myself laughing.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Was it the one in Scotland with the giant sporran hanging down behind him on the stage ? I had to leave the room at one point during that one, I was laughing so hard I thought I was about to rupture something, it was agony !

:lolol:

D

Drips

Not everyone’s cup of tea but Bernard Manning does it for me every time :lolol:

I used to like Ben Elton on Friday Night Live when he was at his satirical best :salute:

Bob Monkhouse was the Daddy though :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Guess that makes me a middle of the road, left wing fascist :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frank Skinner for me, he even supports an Albion.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
In his early days, I found Michael Barrymore really funny - saw him live and couldn't stop laughing. Obviously I don't find him funny now though. I like Billy Connolly. As far as female comedians are concerned, I used to like Victoria Wood doing stand up and also apperciate some of the Jo Brand humour. Summed up I obviously have a strange sense of humour and I think I am probably a Don't know!!:lolol:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Easy 10 said:
Was it the one in Scotland with the giant sporran hanging down behind him on the stage ? I had to leave the room at one point during that one, I was laughing so hard I thought I was about to rupture something, it was agony !

:lolol:
It was the one in Scotland. Hilarious. How he can remember all those gags when his routine runs at such a fast pace is beyond me. Brilliant.
:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here