Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Abe.jpg

moe 2.jpg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Always love it when there's always one that pretends to have had no exposure to any form of popular culture of the last couple of decades, like they maybe live in a sealed bubble or live in Malta or something. Well played! :clap2:

I love it when some pretentious tw*t assumes knowledge that they do not possess.

What on Earth m akes you think I am lying?

Edit ,
Did I say I had had no exposure?
I said that I have never watched an episode.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I love it when some pretentious tw*t assumes knowledge that they do not possess.

What on Earth m akes you think I am lying?

Edit ,
Did I say I had had no exposure?
I said that I have never watched an episode.

You've missed out, Malta, but it's probably a generational thing. I imagine those of us that think the Simpsons is mankind's greatest cultural achievement are in our 30s and 40s, give or take. Those golden years in the 90s really were television at its finest.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You've missed out, Malta, but it's probably a generational thing. I imagine those of us that think the Simpsons is mankind's greatest cultural achievement are in our 30s and 40s, give or take. Those golden years in the 90s really were television at its finest.

TBF I thought Breaking Bad was poor on the first episode but later revisited and loved it so maybe I will check out the Simpsons.

Edit:
Provided I am either able to escape from my bubble and it can be seen in Malta.:lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
TBF I thought Breaking Bad was poor on the first episode but later revisited and loved it so maybe I will check out the Simpsons.

This seems to imply you also previously tried The Simpsons and thought it was poor?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have seen clips on the TV but have never selected and watched an episode.
Is this a cross examination?

Oh right, I must’ve misunderstood then because I thought you said you hadn’t seen it. It has been a long day.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Edit:
Provided I am either able to escape from my bubble and it can be seen in Malta.:lolol:

If you do watch the Simpsons, I'd recommend skipping the first season and possibly the second (though that does have some good episodes). From Season 3 to 10 it's amazing, and still very good for around 8 seasons after that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What I love about the Simpsons is it works on so many levels. There's a lot of broad, crude knockabout farce which is very funny but it also contains a lot of home truths about tolerance, diversity, family life and religion.

Also, considering it was part of Murdoch's Fox TV empire it's surprisingly subversive for a prime time show

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What I love about the Simpsons is it works on so many levels. There's a lot of broad, crude knockabout farce which is very funny but it also contains a lot of home truths about tolerance, diversity, family life and religion.

Also, considering it was part of Murdoch's Fox TV empire it's surprisingly subversive for a prime time show

This, absolutely. And can't be derailed by woke knee-jerk nonsense like 'The Problem With Apu' either, because it gloriously monstrously plays to the hilt every daft stereotype it can fit into the timeframe of a single episode

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here