Worcester England
My top tracks are as follows :
Love will tear us apart - Joy Division
Ever Fallen in Love - Buzzcocks
White man in Hammersmih Palais - Clash
Teenage Kicks - Undertones
Hong Kong Grden - Siouxsie & the Banshees
Oh Bondage up Yours _ Xray Spex

I was a punk and have a large collection of records, but did prefer a tune (so list probably a bit tame for most).

You're going to get bashed for some of those punk choices

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My mistake, it was a banjo and an accordion :D
I'm sure the pretend Irish in Boston love them.

It's one of the ways that punk has evolved and bands have taken inspiration from. I love bands like Dropkick Murphys, and also Flogging Molly:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's one of the ways that punk has evolved and bands have taken inspiration from. I love bands like Dropkick Murphys, and also Flogging Molly:

Each to their own, but to my ears they sound like a Rock version of The Dubliners :lolol:

Give me SLF any day, a proper Irish punk band.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Again its your perception isnt it can you see that now? There were a number of bands that all played the same gigs all went down a similar route some became more popular than others but was all the same genre but thats not enough for reverse music snobs.

Edit I wouldnt have said for me Golden Brown was punk but what do you think of a song about drugs being accepted as a mainstream hit ...you think thats "pop" or someone sticking it to the mainstream which is more of a punk ideal...think about it

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
The Temptations - Psychedelic Shack
The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helpher
Traffic - Hole in My Shoe
The Only Ones - Another Girl Another Planet
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
Small Faces - Here Come the Nice
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbitt

and countless others, who had thought so many mainstream hits about drugs being accepted, nothing new

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I saw a programme recently that suggested that the Undertones weren’t about rebelling as all sorts of shit was already going down around them, more about a coming together of young people, be they Catholic or Protestant which was pretty radical back then in Ireland. Didn’t see it all but was interesting to see a different slant on punk music.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh Bondage, Up Yours!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here