Best Pubs!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Neptune looks like a huge dive but is probably harmless enough despite appearing to be the place for all Hove's resident alcoholics. I go in the Sussex quite a bit but while it is cheap it isn't nearly as welcoming as the Red Lion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Thatched Inn,Hassocks.

Overlooks the Downs.Does magnificent food although a little pricey.

Has it changed hands or got a new chef as the last time I went in there the food was very mediocre. The same could be said for The Royal Oak Wivlesfield food was brilliant changed hands and went downhill now closed down.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How you can put the Sussex in with those drinking greats is beyond me. The Sussex is barely better than the Sportsman.

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
Neptune looks like a huge dive but is probably harmless enough despite appearing to be the place for all Hove's resident alcoholics. I go in the Sussex quite a bit but while it is cheap it isn't nearly as welcoming as the Red Lion.

Alcoholics frequenting a pub! :ohmy: whatever next!!!

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
mitre... bakers street
hikers rest.... coldean lane
the bevendean
county oak ..carden hill

four of the very bset !!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The Mitre is the only Harveys tied house I've been to where the Harveys is off.

I've long been of the opinion that, on the whole, the worst place to drink Harveys is in one of their own pubs. The Dorset, John Harvey Tavern, Alma, Eclipse, Grenadier, Heath, White Hart, Swan and the Lord Nelson have all served me up some absolute filth. I will be fair to the Nelson though, and say that the good pints I've had in there far outweigh the bad.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've long been of the opinion that, on the whole, the worst place to drink Harveys is in one of their own pubs. The Dorset, John Harvey Tavern, Alma, Eclipse, Grenadier, Heath, White Hart, Swan and the Lord Nelson have all served me up some absolute filth. I will be fair to the Nelson though, and say that the good pints I've had in there far outweigh the bad.

Yes, careful what you say about the nelson :p never had a bad pint in the Dorset or the john Harvey either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports