Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Pub In Brighton

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
has anyone heard of a pub called theplace?

they charge £1 for entry on thurs nights but apparently stella is only £1.25

ive never been there but somebody told me about it, its on the seafront road somewhere

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Common as Mook said:
The Fiddlers Elbow. Although dangerously close to West Street, it is suprisingly chav-free.

Still there? Excellent, love that place. I have avoided west street for so long I had forgotten about it. Will have to go in next time I'm down.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In Brighton I tend to use the boozers near the station, The Eddy (ex Game of Life) gets the nod for me

owned by the same outfit that have the exceptional Conqueror in Hove

on the Hove/Brighton border The Robin Hood is pretty damn good and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you're doing your bit for local charities whilst you're getting plastered

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hadsy said:
i'm a big fan of the station nr preston park station- very good pre/post withdean games 2. in town the music in the pav tav is generally briliant.

Im a big fan as well, mainly because its downhill all the way to my house from there :D

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Eddy isn't bad, but a bit too thin which can make it very hard to get in and out of it.

I like the Lion and Lobster. Excellent selection of beers (both bitter and lager), top atmos, good grub (and at a good price as well) and live music.

Like the prestonville arms as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Surprisingly for a 'trendy' pub, The Open House (my nearly-local) knows how to look after its Harveys. Which is nice.

Sitting outside on the terrace at The Cleveland of a summer's evening is something to be recommended, by the way.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:

Sitting outside on the terrace at The Cleveland of a summer's evening is something to be recommended, by the way.

Especially if Robbie has been on the sauce.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
A little - the 'Save the Lesser-Buggered Nose Flautist' convention still meets privately in the only non-smoking part of the pub - but I can think of worse pubs.

yeah I like it in a way,it is my local. but sometimes it gets annoying.

my 2 local pubs are either the open house or the jolly brewer...no contest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here