Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Best PM of the past few years?

Best PM of the past few years?

• 2010 - 2016: David ‘call me dave’ Cameron

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • 2016 - 2019: Thresa ‘strong and stable’ May

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • 2019 - 2022: Boris ‘big dog’ Johnson

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • 2022 - 2022: Liz ‘pork markets’ Truss

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • 2022 - : Rishi ‘dishi rishi’ Sunak

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think it is fair to say that in the past few years we have had a series of exemplar PMs running the country, we have even had three in the past few weeks!

From Dave calling a Brexit referendum and then f***ing off, to May providing extremely strong and stable Government when most needed, to Big Dog getting a world class Brexit done with his oven ready deal, to Truss delivering the lowest value of the pound and highest mortgage rates in decades, now through to Sunak, who hasn’t had to resign yet.

These are all worthy candidates for our best PM ever, but who gets your vote?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of the above. Cameron caved into the right side of his party by allowing the referendum, to try and keep members instead of them going to UKIP. He was weak and ran away when it went pear shaped.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I voted Truss because I think history will remember her with humour and brevity. The pork markets and "it is a disgrace" quip about surprisingly popular foreign cheese were before she was PM, but that will be forgotten in the fullness of time. She will be remembered as losing the tussle with the lettuce and for killing the Queen.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
None of the above. Cameron caved into the right side of his party by allowing the referendum, to try and keep members instead of them going to UKIP. He was weak and ran away when it went pear shaped.
I think the question really is 'Which is the best of a bad bunch'. I suppose the way to look at it is work out which was the worst, and work your way upwards!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What an insanely bad list. I've gone May purely based on feeling - whilst I don't agree with her on many things - she's probably the most competent politician and I genuinely believe she tried to do what she saw as the right thing for the country with regards her Brexit deal.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought this thread was going to be about the best private message.
Luckily I've deleted all mine, moaning about the MODS :whistle:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Super David Cameron

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably Cameron. At least he wasn't either hideously out of his depth or turning us into a global laughing stock.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
None of the above, I prefer Thursday PM as I have Friday's off and normally have some nice beer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's Dishy Rishi, isn't it?

Rumour has it that he's going to pay off the U.K's debt with his wife's spare change. Seems fair enough.

It's difficult to vote for the other two male p.m's as one was a pig fucker and the other a f***ing pig.

Truss is just laughable. Abjectly and embarrassingly out of her depth. Which leaves May. She was just incredibly dull and I have no memory of her time at all. She was probably equally as shit as the others but I genuinely remember nothing about her.

So, yeah, Dishy Rishi and his billionaire wife who will fund the NHS, service the national debt and do other nice things with her money for us.*

*May not strictly be true. But it's politics so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here