Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best place for veg in Hove

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was talking to a chef in a golf club who always said that the best selection and quality veg available was in LIDL if you have one in the area. Far better than Tesco or Asda but I suppose as most things it is down to personal preference.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Grow your own, you will never get better than that.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Or cauliflower, asparagus, kale, chard, rhubarb, and many herbs, which I currently have.

Same here. Loads going on at the moment. Lots of stuff will be ready in the coming weeks. Things were a bit late to start but nature will ensure that things catch up.

Ready to eat now:
Lettuce
Cabbage
Leeks (from last year)
Radish
PSB
Rhubarb
Herbs

Things almost ready:
Garlic
Spuds
Broad beans
Onions
Shallots
Baby carrots
Strawberries
Peas (in flower)

Ps supermarket produce is shite. Doesn't even come close to what you can grow yourself.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I live in a flat and work away during the weeks so growing my own is out, i would love to but just can't. What annoys me about supermarkets is the inability to get potatoes in less than bags the size of hot air balloons; I am single, i don't want 1kg of potatoes. :angry:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
perpetual spinach certainly lives up to it's name. That 99p 3 years ago was probably the best investment of my life. Getting a bit bored of in now though.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
supermarkets wrap swede in thick plastic film. This is quite frankly ridiculous.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Where do people stand on the great boiling debate?

A cooking enthusiast mate of mine insists that boiling vegetables is an unquestionable crime against taste, but another friend of mine swears by it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Things almost ready:
Garlic
Spuds
Broad beans
Onions
Shallots
Baby carrots
Strawberries
Peas (in flower)

Ps supermarket produce is shite. Doesn't even come close to what you can grow yourself.

unless you want spuds, broad beans, onions, carrots, stawberries, peas this weekend. :wink:

grwoing your own is great, but its not for everyone and supermarkets serve a purpose. growing chillies and peppers this year but all got wiped out when putting them outside couple weeks ago in that high wind. :(

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I thought this said "Vag" and was going to list a number of clubs and pubs !! Need better glasses !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here