Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best old school insults?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looking back, it was certainly different times.

When I came back from south Africa and went to school in northfleet in Kent, I was called sambo, nig nog and blackie and there was a young lad who had polio as a child and had a gammy leg, they called him Peggy as in " peg leg".

Wouldn't happen these days I hope

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Got to be the classic from 70s!

I first went to school in 1980 and I remember the whole Joey Deacon phenomenon. To this day you still see kids slapping the backs of their hands and pressing their tongues onto the back of the bottom lip, whilst making a 'Nurrrrrgggghhhhhh' noise in the general direction of a mate who has just made a spaz of something.

I wonder if anyone ever found that shoe he dropped over the side of the boat?

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
You effing Lillycrapp! After the childrens tv presenter Christopher Lillycrapp(sp?).

Anybody remember him? Dodgy hair as I recall.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Looking back, it was certainly different times.

When I came back from south Africa and went to school in northfleet in Kent, I was called sambo, nig nog and blackie and there was a young lad who had polio as a child and had a gammy leg, they called him Peggy as in " peg leg".

Wouldn't happen these days I hope

Is that the same school John Terry went to?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Ginger. With a hard opening G. Gimpy for someone clumsy too.

I liked the ones associated with names as well. Speccy becky. There was also a kid at school called Simon who was a bit stupid and everyone called him SiMONG. Pronounced with delicious venom that only a kid could muster up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Every time I read a new post another memory comes back..... there was so many ways to diss your mates... Im sure there was a shortened form of window licker but cant remember it.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
You effing Lillycrapp! After the childrens tv presenter Christopher Lillycrapp(sp?).

Anybody remember him? Dodgy hair as I recall.

Yes - presented some sort of religious kids TV show on BBC. A bit weird, but not as strange as the cross-dressing chap who used to tow a little caravan around on the back of his bike... Chrissy Wissy :-|

User - as in "Walt, you fat, dull USER"

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Every time I read a new post another memory comes back..... there was so many ways to diss your mates... Im sure there was a shortened form of window licker but cant remember it.

Talking of window licking. When on a school trip involving a bus or mini bus journey, we would often pretend to be the special school bus to amuse ourselves - the game was simply known as 'Spacker Bus'. In hindsight it was very immature and unkind to those afflicted, but still makes me laugh at the thought of us all sat there doing the whole hand slapping, bottom lip tongue pressing and general flailing arm thing to the amusement of passing motorists.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Effing PLEB........must have been a Seaford thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here