Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Michael Jackson song?

Best Michael Jackson track?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah it was pretty grim watching. People would do anything to become filthy rich, including defamation.

They didn't earn money. One of them defended MJ during the trial, as they were young, loved him, and didn't want him going to prison. It clearly had a huge impact on their life. They came out about the truth years later, and it was pretty clear it wasn't for profit.

Although I suppose it's a lot easier once the person you're trying to defame is dead.
Yep, rape victims don't feel great about talking about their abuse when the abuser might still have some power over them.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
They didn't earn money. One of them defended MJ during the trial, as they were young, loved him, and didn't want him going to prison. It clearly had a huge impact on their life. They came out about the truth years later, and it was pretty clear it wasn't for profit.

Yep, rape victims don't feel great about talking about their abuse when the abuser might still have some power over them.

That's certainly one available narrative.

Another would be that it was a great opportunity to make a LOT of money by making false allegations against a dead person, in a his words against mine kind of case.

I would imagine that a lot of people, even good people, would readily make false rape allegations against a dead person if it could make them a millionaire.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's tough, because the allegations against Jackson seem credible.

But in terms of his music we're not talking about glitter or someone, who was basically shit. Michael Jackson has an astonishing body of era defining work. I'm not sure you can strike that work from the record no matter what he's done.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Oh come on. Separate the art from the artist. He is one of the best solo artists of all time.

I’m sorry, I have to disagree. I think he had some good songs, but he was marketed at us pretty relentlessly from the Thriller record onward, and I would argue that the Thriller album was his creative peak. It was pretty much all downhill from there in terms of song quality.

I honestly believe that his post-Thriller career was a triumph of marketing over talent. Brilliantly produced work, but the songs, frankly, weren’t great.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I genuinely reckon he was innocent, and just had the bizarre obsession about becoming Peter Pan, presumably a manifestation of his abusive father taking away his childhood.
Spot on.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He wasn't. Try watching neverlan
One of the biggest fabrications ever played out on tv.
Literally every ‘scenario’ stated in the programme has since been countered as extremely unlikely.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I would imagine that a lot of people, even good people, would readily make false rape allegations against a dead person if it could make them a millionaire.
Can you explain your definition of "good people"?

This statement argues against itself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I genuinely reckon he was innocent, and just had the bizarre obsession about becoming Peter Pan, presumably a manifestation of his abusive father taking away his childhood.
If you were a Billionaire Paedophile, you would defo have an amusement Park in your back garden.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Have you got evidence that the allegations made the claimants millionaires? (not saying you don't, but I'd be interested to see it)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aside from his private life he was beyond doubt an incredible music artist.

He has left a legacy that will go on for a long while.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He’s a British Art School student who made a career out of it. I rate him above Michael Jackson on pretty much any measure you care to mention, including dancing and songwriting.

Although I’ll grant you that Michael Jackson was the more accomplished singer, and was more practiced at having inappropriate relationships with young children.
Javis' song lyrics can be quite pervy themselves though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
2301 Jackson St

This is the house where the Jackson family grew up in Gary, Indiana. It's about 25 miles from where I live. Every once in a while I drive by just to remind myself what humble beginnings these famous entertainers came from. At one time there were 9 children that lived in that small house, a total of 11 people including the parents. The Jackson Five, Michael, Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon, and Janet, Randy, La Toya & Rebbie. Marlon's twin brother, Brandon, died during childbirth in 1957.

1708049449283.png

The oldest Jackson, Rebbie, was born in 1950 and did not perform in the entertainment industry.

"In 1963 The Jackson Brothers was formed featuring Jackie, Tito and Jermaine. They entered local talent shows and competitions and by 1965 Joe added younger brothers Marlon and Michael, renaming them The Jackson 5 in 1966. Joe the father had quickly become Joe the manager."

The males, including father, Joe Jackson. The mother was Katherine Jackson.

1708049636395.png

1708049892748.png

Michael with La Toya.
1708050027485.png

Janet

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here