Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best League in the World...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
3 0-0 draws and one team who have recently aquired billions of pounds hammering another team who are just a few places below them.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The gap between the top two and the rest in the Spanish league is 21 points, which says it all about the rest of the teams in that league.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Everyone knows the GERMAN league is whereits at, dirt cheap, packed massive stadiums, competitive (relitivly).

Austrailian league might be worht a crack too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The gap between the top two and the rest in the Spanish league is 21 points, which says it all about the rest of the teams in that league.

I think it's partly that and partly a reflection of how well Barca and the other lot have been playing.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I'd rather a competitive league thats interesting to watch and has fantastic atmosphere

Unless you're actually at the match, atmosphere is something of an irrelevance. I don't judge the quality of a televised game on my perception of the atmosphere at that match. That considered, I'd rather watch some of the best players in the world in the Premier League, and accept that drawn matches happen in sport, instead of the Bundesliga where half the players aren't entirely sure what a football actually is.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Unless you're actually at the match, atmosphere is something of an irrelevance. I don't judge the quality of a televised game on my perception of the atmosphere at that match. That considered, I'd rather watch some of the best players in the world in the Premier League, and accept that drawn matches happen in sport, instead of the Bundesliga where half the players aren't entirely sure what a football actually is.

1 team in the Champions League semi-finals another in the Europa League semi-finals.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
1 team in the Champions League semi-finals another in the Europa League semi-finals.

Domestic champions knocked out of Europes 2nd tier competition by the team that finished 7th in the Premier League last season (and are currently sitting 12th this season).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And a national team which regularly makes finals and semis.

I'm thinking this Grendel fella is on the wind up anyway. Someone who references Marillion in their name and avatar is, I'm pretty sure, not serious.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
And a national team which regularly makes finals and semis.

The performance of a national side isn't an indication that the domestic game in that country is necessarily any good. Greece won the European Championship in 2004. Does that mean that their domestic league is immense?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The performance of a national side isn't an indication that the domestic game in that country is necessarily any good. Greece won the European Championship in 2004. Does that mean that their domestic league is immense?

Yawn yawn yawn. Your arguement is very boring.

13 finals might suggest the Bundesliga has a different, and successful, focus.

Fair enough Greece won a title...but only one. Luck might have played a part there. 13 finals suggests something else. Incidentally....Greece's single victory puts them on a par with England. Does that mean England's domestic league is immense?

Go and listen to that Lavenders Blue Dilly Dilly song.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for just ruining MOTD for me ya twat

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Thanks for just ruining MOTD for me ya twat

Sorry about that. To be fair, there doesn't seem to generally be a rule on NSC about 'spoilers' for Match of the Day but I guess the thread title isn't exactly clear!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:) yeh it was just the thread title fooled me - not that bothered anyways - gonna watch the golf!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[yt]4T0xgb4li9U&feature=related[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here