Best lager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 18477

I love ale and guinness BUT there are some tasty lagers! Ice cold in summer they are amazing!

Amstel, coors light, corona, Asahi, orangeboom all amazing!

f***ing hate Stella! The stuff is shit! And fosters tastes like piss!

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
anything brewed by Svyturys, had shit loads of it in Lithuania a couple of months back.

2 main good ones: Baltas a wheaty lager very tasty.
Baltijos a dark larger Beautiful

but other decent ones on draught, saying that all the Alus we had in Vilnius was quality, specially the beers found in the monastery
micro-brewery pub found on Gederimino Prespect (Castle street) they brew their own 3 Alus, a light, dark and honey. All 3 are fantastic and well worth a try, if your in that end of the baltic

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4495881 said:
negromodelo.jpg

A DARK larger, but a larger none the less. Absolutely delicious, but quite lethal! Drank a few to many of these during Euro 2004 in Tijuana and woke up with a tattoo on my arm and $500 lighter!

Think Wetherspoons sells it now! :lolol:

Lovely stuff and available in Balham.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Brooklyn Lager. I had a few in New York, and could have willingly had a barrel. Mind you, it tastes more like ale, and I'm an ale man. I'm also quite partial to some of the better Aussie beers, such as VB, though when I was out there I drank Coopers IPA, and that more or less matched some of our best ales: sublime. Also, rather like the odd Castle from time to time. And one of the rarer Japanese beers, Sapporo, from the city my brother now lives in. All beaten though by Berchtesgadener Bier drunk in its home town, Gosser Bier from Austria, and Hubertus Brau, brewed in one of those manorial castles you get so many of in Germany and Austria.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Brooklyn Lager. I had a few in New York, and could have willingly had a barrel. Mind you, it tastes more like ale, and I'm an ale man. I'm also quite partial to some of the better Aussie beers, such as VB, though when I was out there I drank Coopers IPA, and that more or less matched some of our best ales: sublime. Also, rather like the odd Castle from time to time. And one of the rarer Japanese beers, Sapporo, from the city my brother now lives in. All beaten though by Berchtesgadener Bier drunk in its home town, Gosser Bier from Austria, and Hubertus Brau, brewed in one of those manorial castles you get so many of in Germany and Austria.

Netto (B4 they became known as Asda. Six VB for 3sovs!! Brought a load of it.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
At the age of 15 in 1960 I bought a bottle of Skol. God that tasted weird to my untried tastebuds . Since then there is only one lager for me . Leffe blonde at 6.7% It has such an unique taste.

Stella 4% filtered. Leffe Blond at 6.6%

Leffe Blonde is a blonde Ale, nothing to do with lager.

Best lagers, Pilsner Urquell, Budvar, Staropramen all from Czech and lots more to try when you get there. Best lager I ever had was the house pilsner at the Hops & Barley Hausbrauerei in Friedrichshain area of East Berlin. Amazingly delicious taste sensation.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Brooklyn Lager. I had a few in New York, and could have willingly had a barrel. Mind you, it tastes more like ale, and I'm an ale man.

Brooklyn Lager is certainly one of the best available in New York - a trip around their brewery in Williamsburg is well worth it. Yuengling lager is pretty good too - it's the oldest brewery in the States.

Yuengling.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
though San Miguel always seems to hit the spot too.

At a party in Madrid once I met a Spanish guy who'd lived in Brighton. He nodded at my can of San Miguel and asked me why all English people seemed to think it was nice. He thought it was horrible.

I asked him then what he drank when he lived in Brighton.........Carling!

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Thought they are all basically cold and fizzy? or is that cola?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I have some good news for you the wonderful Brooklyn lager can be brought on draft at a pub/bar at the top of st James street. Cant remember it's name but it's just before the church adjacent to videobox.

Another good lager is Hepworth blond it's superb as their mostly renowned for their ale's.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Although I tend to go for ale when I'm in a British pub I'm not so snobbish that I don't enjoy lager too.

Pilsner Urquell, as already mentioned, is the godfather of lager and I can always happily enjoy that stuff if I'm lucky enough to be somewhere that serves it.

If I'm picking some tins up from the offy, I often plump for Poland's Tyskie which is available pretty much anywhere these days.

And if I'm in the sort of pub that only has a handful of big brand lagers you get everywhere I'm happy enough with a Heineken.

Now of course on the continent I have many favourites. Croatia's Ozujsko is a lovely drop, as is Bulgaria's Kamenitza and Turkey's ubiquitous Efes always goes down well too. In Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic you're spoiled for choice so I usually drink whichever beer is brewed closest to where I am.

At Oktoberfest this year I drank my own bodyweight in Munich's Paulaner beer and I'd do it again!

Lager gets a bad name because a lot of the most common brands such as Carling, Kronenbourg and Fosters are complete shit however any real beer fan will tell you that the best of the lagers are right up there with the best of the ales.

Ooh a man who know his lagers. Good post. Worth a mention is Budvar (the original Bud) which is a fine tipple from Czech Rep who do make fantastic lagers, Posted earlier was Tsingtao, cracking stuff. Rice never tasted so good! Tsingtao Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports