Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Kit in the world cup?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
US away for me.

Dont get why the French kit is so liked, its just a plain Nike template shirt with a Cock on it.

It is simple. I like simple kits - I couldn't say why others like it. The England home shirt from the last World Cup is genuinely my favourite England kit from the last 30 years. I think I just like the combination of a well-fitting plain shirt with a collar, crest and manufacturer logo. Simple - like me!

Unfortunately, due to sponsors, it would be really difficult to make something similar at club level. The only one I can think of is the gorgeous Roma shirt from last season, which was made by Asics but unbranded due to a contractual dispute with the previous kit manufacturer.

as_roma_home_13_14.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't own it but thought the England kit looked smart. Nice to see the lighter shade of blue back on the badge.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Can anyone enlighten me as to why France are wearing navy at this World Cup rather than the shade that they normally wear and which appears on their flag and is known as, er, French Blue?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Personally thought both the US and Ghana looked rather dapper last night. The France one looks like a rugby shirt to me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It is simple. I like simple kits - I couldn't say why others like it. The England home shirt from the last World Cup is genuinely my favourite England kit from the last 30 years. I think I just like the combination of a well-fitting plain shirt with a collar, crest and manufacturer logo. Simple - like me!

Unfortunately, due to sponsors, it would be really difficult to make something similar at club level. The only one I can think of is the gorgeous Roma shirt from last season, which was made by Asics but unbranded due to a contractual dispute with the previous kit manufacturer.

as_roma_home_13_14.jpg

The Roma shirt for next season is beautiful.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
1 - its not a template shirt
2 - it would seem people prefer minimal detail rather than piping and trim everywhere (which i personally hate)
3 - id wager a guess that you dislike the french rather than disliking the kit

So because I hate the kit, I hate the French ? Jesus wept :facepalm: Its just plain boring for me and its not a difficult design.

So it isnt a template, but it just looks plain like Nike have make a shirt and stuck a badge on. I hate having too much going on with a kit as well, equally i hate plain designs - hence why the US kit for me is a winner.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
ghanas simply for the collar, however it seems officially the patterned collar isnt actually on the kit, they all seemed to have it during the game ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here