Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best goal AGAINST

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Its a good goal alright, but really he only had to hit an open goal from 45 yards. I'd expect most players to be able get that one about 30-50% of the time.

I will have to completely disagree with you there.

The ball is bouncing lowly as he hits it. Thats VERY difficult to hit perfectly as you're almost half-vollying it.

He is at an angle also. There is no way that 'most' players would be able to get that right in my view.

I actually think it's better than Stankovic's last night, just for the fact that volleying it is much easier than hitting it on the half volley

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Danny Whitaker's swerving long-range screamer for Port Vale when they won 3-2 at Withdean a few seasons back has to be a contender.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Danny Whitaker's swerving long-range screamer for Port Vale when they won 3-2 at Withdean a few seasons back has to be a contender.

that was the one I'm thinking of

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Wouldn't really count as best goal, I guess, but Gillingam's fourth goal at Withdean many moons ago certainly was memorable.

Andy Petterson running out of goal, fallling over, the Gillingham player slotting into an empty net, getting a second yellow for over-celebrating.

How funny it all sounds looking back.

Mind you, I wasn't laughing at the time. I was INCANDESCENT with RAGE at that useless Aussie drongo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here