Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Game of the Season?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
West Brom was the game where I thought we could compete.

West Ham away was a quality night.

Arsenal and United were amazing as well shame they werent a little earlier in the season so we could recieve a bit more recognition.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
1st. Friday night. Redemption for 35 years. Sealing our ongoing spot in the division we belong. ��to all those who have taken the piss out of my little club.
2.Arsenal. Beating a big club.
3.West ham away. Ripping them apart with great goals.Watching them leave is 1000s after the 3rd. Revenge on my mate Steve who as hammers fan came with me. Makes up for the 0-6 I sat thru.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That will never go. Just saw Smiths “must score” effort a couple of hours ago and It still kills me.

Still proud though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tough question this one, especially after Friday night.
But I'm going for West Ham away, very enjoyable match.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
West Ham away. A Friday night and we knew at this point we had something about us that said survival.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
weirdly i think man city ranks. our first match back in the top flight against the expected league runaways. we were up for it and every hint of stopping city was awarded with roars of the crowd. i now like to think at the end of the season we can take the game to city, but as a first match, as a newly promoted side we willed our way to a magnanimous defeat and still felt like we'd won.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Best home game of the season was on Friday night , best away game was WHU we completely outclassed them that night ,

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Man Utd. Hands down.

I’m not buying Jose’s bullshit about his players being only 1/2 interested, they played their usual turgid game, but were not given the time on the ball they need.

Knockaert was just waaay better than anyone in red and Stephens had Pogba in his pocket the whole game.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Man Utd. Hands down.

I’m not buying Jose’s bullshit about his players being only 1/2 interested, they played their usual turgid game, but were not given the time on the ball they need.

Knockaert was just waaay better than anyone in red and Stephens had Pogba in his pocket the whole game.

This. The combination of final home game of The season, guaranteeing Premier League football next season and beating one of the top six is a heady mixture.

And showing the world (again) that we are a TEAM, in contrast to the expensively assembled group of individuals we were pitted against.

This "together" thing really means something.

larus

I’ll add Man Utd away. If it hadn’t been for that cruel deflection from the Young shot by Dunk, we’d have had a very well earned point.

I accept that the wins are sometimes viewed as better, but that performance was also an example of the ethos that CH instills in the players. They worked hard and it would not have been a lucky point.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’ll add Man Utd away. If it hadn’t been for that cruel deflection from the Young shot by Dunk, we’d have had a very well earned point.

I accept that the wins are sometimes viewed as better, but that performance was also an example of the ethos that CH instills in the players. They worked hard and it would not have been a lucky point.

Any game involving the term "unlucky deflection" automatically shits all over the point.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Arsenal for me. They lost two on the bounce maybe 3 can't remember and I thought we were on the end of a backlash from them. It never happened. What a day just like the Utd game.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
For me, there are several candidates:

Dominance: West Ham away, where we totally outclassed them in every area.

Class (A): Man United away, where we matched them throughout, defended like Trojans and were extremely unlucky not to come away with a point.

Class (H): Man United at home pips Arsenal for me. We outplayed both teams and looked a class act against both but, given the additional pressures of (i) Man City and Liverpool away as our only remaining games, and (ii) our less than stellar away goalscoring record, the pressure on the Albion to get a result against Man United – our last home chance to guarantee survival in the EPL – must have been enormous. We “went for it” and emerged as thoroughly deserved winners, stifling Man United in the process.

Drama: Has to be the last 5 minutes at Stoke away. Ryan’s penalty save, Dunk’s goal-saving “tackle of the century” (or was it a foul?!!) and Knocky’s late headed clearance (by a matter of cm) off the line, was possibly the most remarkable defensive performance this season. And left my nerves in shreads!

If I had to choose one performance it would be Man United at home because of what was riding on that game, how much pressure must have been on the team and how admirably we dealt with our opponents on the night. And the electric Amex atmosphere, which was awesome. That evening will live long in the memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here