Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best feeling or moment watching the Albion

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hereford for me was the ultimate in feeling. But it wasn't a 'moment' as such - but a whole experience. That McAllister penalty against United was a long drawn-out moment of pure exultation (a previous poster described it perfectly) - I heard the cheer in the ground from up in here in Cumbria. Not sure I have ever celebrated a goal in pure joy quite as much.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some people felt relief, you felt joy. You are right I could have phrased my reply better, they are both feelings, but nosomuch in reference to 'end of thread' as other people enjoyed recounting occasions where the emotion was different.
It’s just another way of saying nothing will beat that. I wouldn’t read too much else into it :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Frank Worthington nutmegging an entire defence (don't recall who), but being unable to follow it up because his legs had gone. It summed up everything about supporting BHA.

Always the bridesmaids

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Mike Small giving the guns a showin', directly in front of a 14 year old me shortly after slotting the 2nd vs Millwall. 1991.

For one second there it felt like he was just celebrating with me and we were the only 2 people in the ground.

Which, on reflection gives it more of a homoerotic spin than I was aiming for.

el punal

Walking up the 4 steps from the west upper concourse into the stadium for the very first time. I instantly got something in my eye.
I, too, had that reaction. I’d bought two season tickets in D Block in the West Upper. I refused to go on any of the ‘tours’ to see the Amex evolve. I just wanted to be there and see it on the opening fixture against Doncaster. I had a pint of Harvey’s, a Piglets steak and ale pie and one of those mini bottles of alleged red wine in the concourse pre-match just to savour the occasion. I then girded my loins, and, like you, climbed the steps into the stadium. I just stood in awe to take in that momentous scene. After all our travails of the previous 14 years, at long bloody last, THIS is our home. :bowdown:

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
There have been so many memorable (and not so memorable) moments watching the Albion over the last 50 years to list, but I am surprised no one has gone for Dean Wilkins free kick in the last minute against Ipswich to put us into the playoffs in 1991.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There have been so many memorable (and not so memorable) moments watching the Albion over the last 50 years to list, but I am surprised no one has gone for Dean Wilkins free kick in the last minute against Ipswich to put us into the playoffs in 1991.
Do you know what....I was just thinking the exact same thing. Especially as the Millwall play off game(s) get a few mentions.

The build up to that was unreal. Barnsley (I think) had won and we weren't making the play offs. Johnny Byrne seemed to be down for an eternity. Up steps Wendy and bedlam ensues.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
One of the best I can rememebr and sticks out, was this game.

My daughter (then 15) going absoultly nuts, hugging me and jumping up and down. It's just one of those moments.

I loved this game too. We were 2nd best that day, but when you win lucky it just feels that bit sweeter for some reason.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve got quite a few, probably the first game at the Amex. I was invited as a guest in the 1901 club, had dinner, met Peter Ward and of course the finale was pretty spectacular. Also Chester away when we won 7:1, plus Everton and United this season were also special memories.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yep that was incredible. I was in the south stand for that so right behind it.

I've supported the club through thick and thin for 30 odd years but last season was by far the best and had the most highlights by far. We are BIG time now. A major league team. We have destroyed many massive teams over the past 2 seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here