Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best ever Rolling Stones song

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am seeing them again tomorrow night so thought I'd post an alternative to the Beatles thread.

Very very strong field but Sympathy for the Devil for me; in fact this is my favourite ever song. Such a good groove and genius lyrics.

https://youtu.be/fXnQp8EJEvE

Jagger still has it.

Whilst I have seen them play this song live I think my favourite performance was in the small Bombay Sapphire tent at The Big Chill; a sunny afternoon anf the DJ Arthur Baker played this to close his set and had the whole place rocking including the bar staff who were up on the bar dancing....everyone whoo whoo-ing.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gimme Shelter

A ludicrously strong field though

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Rocks off -

With the best ever Rock'n'roll lyric:

I was makin' love last night
To dancer friend of mine
I just can't seem to stay in step
Come every time she pirouettes over me

Genius

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was a massive fan of the Stones from 1966 through to the mid 80's and this album encapsulates them at their very best with Mick Taylor on lead guitar, Keef just churning out massive chunks of rhythm, Jagger in fine vocal form and Bill and Charlie holding it all together - a classic.

https://youtu.be/d7oOWmyGkDY

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I'm going old school, this was the song that started my love of R&B based rock back in 1964, thankyou Stones!
It's live and raw but none the worse for it.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
If it can only be one , then Gimme Shelter, but that period between Their Satanic Majesties Request and Goats Head Soup is crammed with absolute bangers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gimme Shelter

The production just has this indescribably evocative feel to it. So good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it can only be one , then Gimme Shelter, but that period between Their Satanic Majesties Request and Goats Head Soup is crammed with absolute bangers.

It's an amazing run of albums...and all cranked out a year after each other I think.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Street Fighting Man or Tumbling Dice for me, although there isnt much of theirs I dont like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here