Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best ever football insults.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
as for insults, I think you have to go a long way before you can beat when your manager throws a handful of small change on the pitch and utters the immortal words "you're not worth that" towards the opposition

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I remember during the Barry Lloyds days on Saturday after Mrs Lloyd was in court for drink driving, during some awful play, some bloke screamed from the north stand ' no wonder you effing wife drinks Lloyd'

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sometimes irony is the best form of insult. When the Albion fans started singing 'We're Brighton & Hove Albion- our striker is Bent', at Wolverhampton last year, it was clear that the (very few) boneheads amongst their number were in utter confusion as to how to respond.

Jul 7, 2003
As a goalkeeper I was having a bad day kicking the ball into a strong wind. One of my team mates came up to me and said "I think there is a slight problem with your technique". Thinking I was about to get a sympathetic piece of advice he followed this up with the words "the ball is too close to your feet.....after you have kicked it". Harsh, but fair.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Another one from Cloughie in response to one of his players who had been dropped from the 1st team....

Player - "gaffer, why am I in the 2nd team this week?"

Cloughie - "Because I haven't got a 3rd team son!"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Millwall gave it all the usual "we can see you holding hands etc", very boring, but I had to smirk at "you only sing when you're rimming".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The one that brings a smile to my face is: "He DID, he DID, he fiddled with the kid..." sung to Dave Jones at Wolves away on the night of the Kuipers double save.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm not a big fan of Big Ron Atkinson, but I always remember what he said about Carlton Palmer - "he can trap a ball further than I can kick it".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rangers fans at Ibrox, playing the mighty Leeds - featuring Eric "Ooh-ar" Cantona in the European Cup. Cantona was having one of his off days, never seemed to get anywhere near the ball. Massed ranks of Rangers fans gleefully roaring out, "Ou est Cantona, Ou est Cantona."

Errmm, that's in French, by the way.........

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I went to Old Trafford to see an early Champions League match (just looked it up - it was 1997) v Borussia Dortmund - Paul Lambert was playing for Borussia. Old Trafford was in full cry - which could be quite impressive. Then Borussia scored. Old Trafford fell silent - this was not in the script. After the goal celebrations died down the away end started singing - in perfect English "Sing Ven You're Vinning, You Only Sing Ven Your're Vinning ..........." - you had to be there I suppose - but it was absolutely hilarious!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
German fans belting out in perfect English "Football's coming home" at Wembley as they won the European Cup made me smile but it was fecking insulting!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Sorry racing not football but mentioned in one of John Francomes books,
"If Jesus rode his fuc...g donkey like you just rode that fuc..g horse no wonder they fuc...g crucified him"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here