Favourites by three country miles:

1st - Second half of the Seventies
2nd - First half of the Nineties
3rd - First half of the Seventies

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I grew up with the 80's music but i much prefer late 70's with punk music etc

Whats ya favourite 70's punk band dude, mines The Misfits and thats not just because my band toured Germany with them:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's all a matter of personal taste (or lack there of). I've been buying music since the sixties and there's good and bad, there's no such thing as a Golden Age although I do wonder why so many people less than half my age bang on about music that was made long before they were born. Might as well be raving about Mozart or Beethoven.

It's all a matter of personal taste (or lack there of). I've been buying music since the sixties and there's good and bad, there's no such thing as a Golden Age although I do wonder why so many people less than half my age bang on about music that was made long before they were born. Might as well be raving about Mozart or Beethoven.

Well yes, the raving about Mozart (the Pink Floyd or Miles Davis of his era?) would be pertinant, to those who are in the mindset to focus on classical styles of music.
Looking at the foundations of modern music though, and so often it goes directly back to a root that is embedded in the 1960's. Many bands ran for decades beyond then, and people will still revere and seek the 60's records out.

Creatively, it was an explosion of artistic imagination - whether fuelled by drugs or whatever. Nothing since has surpassed that time for music. Yes, some sounds have come out in 1978, 1983, or 1991, that could have done just as well in 1967, but that is the litmus that they can be judged by. That 60's music could still do just as well today if newly released, says as much.

The 60's for me. Hip, groovy, and in with the in crowd baby, yeah. Swingin' :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's good stuff and crap in every decade. The 70s was shocking until punk came along, so that's out. The 80s was pretty good but I'd have to plump for the 60s: the Beatles, the British RnB scene, Tamla and Stax, the psychedelic era, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, some great jazz, the Velvet Underground, Jacques Brel ... yep, does it for me.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Has to be the 70's by a mile.

No other era had The Beatles, The Stones, The Kinks, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Bowie, Queen, The Clash, Doobie Brothers, Hendrix, The Doors all producing music within it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here