Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Curry House in Hove

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When I was there I used to go to the Swan Tandoori, I remember it being a decent one, probably gone now.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I already posted saying Hove Tandoori is my best curry house if you fancy a more "foodie" Indian experience then Azaro on Church Road is worth a look:

http://www.azaro.co.uk/

it's not the sort of place to got for poppadoms and tikka masala after 6 pints in the pub but does do delicious Indian food that is a bit different than the norm.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Whilst I already posted saying Hove Tandoori is my best curry house if you fancy a more "foodie" Indian experience then Azaro on Church Road is worth a look:

http://www.azaro.co.uk/

it's not the sort of place to got for poppadoms and tikka masala after 6 pints in the pub but does do delicious Indian food that is a bit different than the norm.

Azaro is a good shout for a more authentic Indian meal. It's like the Chilli Pickle in Brighton, but in my opinion, not quite as good.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
All this curry talk is making my mouth water, sadly at my age the indigestion that follows has closed down that avenue of pleasure.:annoyed:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All this curry talk is making my mouth water, sadly at my age the indigestion that follows has closed down that avenue of pleasure.:annoyed:

"Avenue of pleasure" sounds like a euphemism..

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
For take away I use Curry Leaf Portland Road.

Cheap & cheerful. Used this place for years (since it was mumtaz) & always decent. Not hove tandoori but they delivered when hove tandoori didn't & don't make you wait all night like ht does or forget stuff like ht does frequently

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Marks and Spencer's
Waitrose
Aldi

MARKO

Dec 13, 2007
Asoka , airs and graces nothing special
Ganges ,never been the same since Naz left and went across the road to the Indiana and took the chef with him
Hove Tandoori , good food , can get a bit cramped.
Curry Mahal , don't go there , younger members of the family took over from the older generation I gather , and rumoured to be up for sale
Zamdani , if you are desperate.
Asaro , expensive but good quality
Vindaloo House (Sackville Rd , just changed it's name I think ) , walk on by
Indiana, good commercial fair , trying to go up market with the chef's special on big plates , open late , and free shots
Kismet , good value takeaway
Curry Leaf , Portland Rd , I use it , always hotter than the average curry , order early as they do loads of internet biz
Tandoori Spice in Old Shoreham Rd is very good with plenty of 80's background music
New one at bottom of Boundary Rd , no license , I hear it is good.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Curry Mahal , don't go there , younger members of the family took over from the older generation I gather , and rumoured to be up for sale

Was there last week. The food was all fresh and well prepared etc just nothing exciting or special about it. Good place for mid week curry with mates and few beers but hasn't got the wow factor.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

I've always been a fan of Curry Mahal. But when I went there in early November, the service wasn't great. We explained that one member of our group was running ten minutes late, so we'd just order drinks while we wait. In the next ten minutes, we were asked if we'd like poppadums' three times by the same waiter. We re-iterated that we were waiting for someone else, and they'd be there imminently.

The food was good. But they seemed very eager to get rid of us. We were one of the last three tables (it was only 10:15pm on a Saturday), and the very second I put the last spoonful of food in my mouth, the waiter grabbed my plate to start clearing the table. I didn't even have chance to chew! It just felt very rushed as if we were an inconvenience and that the staff simply wanted to pack up and go home. Won't be returning any time soon. I'd rather go next door to Danny's for a Chinese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here