Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Craig Mackail-Smith moment

Favourite Labrador moment

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, CMS did an impression of a Labrador puppy for most of his time here, but he did have some good moments.

Which was your favourite?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember a lot of people around me being quite critical of his ball control skills. Then there was a match in which a ball dropped out of the sky from a great height and he took it out of the air and stopped it dead at his feet. Got a fantastic reaction from everyone around us.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The cross for the Ulloa winner at Forest was pretty special. I was right in line with that to, special day

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Some absolutely diabolical defending from us in that 3-3 with Leeds looking back at it, didn’t think so at the time

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Some absolutely diabolical defending from us in that 3-3 with Leeds looking back at it, didn’t think so at the time
The worst part was that their equaliser came as a result of Ankergren kicking the ball straight back to their keeper in the 94th minute :facepalm:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The goal at Burnley was one of the best I have seen live - if only for it's complete unexpectedness.

Jimmy Grimble

After that Leeds game there was still a lot of hope, dare I say belief, that he was a top striker.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Having his picture taken with Bobkin Jnr on his (Bobin Jnr's, not CMS's) birthday after beating Barnsley 5-1 and him getting MoTM. Even personalised the signature on our programme and wished him happy birthday. Had a good chat with him, too.

Top fella.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I particularly enjoyed this goal. Scored at the opposite end from where we were and we went absolutely mental! Marvellous scenes!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I should also add that a memorable CMS moment was his performance against us up at Peterborough. The one where we started the...'We're fvcking brilliant!' chant I think.

I seem to remember that either Aaron McLean or George Boyd got sent off pretty early on. That basically cut off all service for CMS and we absolutely battered them. Yet CMS ran his socks off chasing down every single ball for 90 minutes in a fruitless task. I'm pretty sure that's the moment that convinced Gus to get him.

Always felt that League One was his level tbh. Yet he was one of my favourite players because you could never ever fault him for effort. A very likable player.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Great player, great work ethic. The goal against Burnley was world class. We had a mentally arthritic manager at the time, who refused to play to his strengths. CMS signed for the wrong club, and we'll never know how good he could have been. One of my abiding memories was seeing him score an early goal against Palace. I really thought we'd batter them that day, but we sat on a one goal lead and were subjected to another humiliating defeat. Tactical ineptitude, and we can't blame CMS for that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
of course scored a few good goals but sadly he is remembered for running around a lot

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Great player, great work ethic. The goal against Burnley was world class. We had a mentally arthritic manager at the time, who refused to play to his strengths. CMS signed for the wrong club, and we'll never know how good he could have been. One of my abiding memories was seeing him score an early goal against Palace. I really thought we'd batter them that day, but we sat on a one goal lead and were subjected to another humiliating defeat. Tactical ineptitude, and we can't blame CMS for that.
Murray battered us that day a player Poyet clashed with on the training pitch apparently. People believe the budget rumour I heard differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here