Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best Chinese Takeaway in Brighton area?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Very slight change of subject as it’s a sit down - but has anyone given Ivy Asia a go yet?
Looks ridiculously expensive.
Haven’t been to the Brighton Ivy Asia, but regularly go to the one in Guildford. I’m guessing the menu is the same. Prices probably on a par with a really good Chinese restaurant, but the food is superb and the ambience is great
DFC80587-8EBD-48D2-88FA-4AE0418D40E6.jpeg
. You get what you pay for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m a fan of thai and Vietnamese more these days, far healthier and more nutritious. Most in typical Chinese is sugary.
Good shout. Thai food is lovely. Used to go to Red Snapper on the dials. Not sure if it’s still there but was very good.

I’ve had one Vietnamese meal and loved it but there’s not a restaurant near me.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Singapore kitchen gets another vote from me. Would also recommend shanghai garden is george st kemptown for takeaway. The salt and chilli tofu is wonderful as is the singapore rice

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got refused entry to the Ivy once so its on my boycott list.
Some better news of this a friend of hers at work went there, two adults and 2 teenagers (not allowed alcohol) and bill was £400 suffice to say she appears to have gone off the idea, result !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good shout. Thai food is lovely. Used to go to Red Snapper on the dials. Not sure if it’s still there but was very good.

I’ve had one Vietnamese meal and loved it but there’s not a restaurant near me.
Annoyingly, one of my neighbours is Vietnamese and the aromas coming from their kitchen are mouth watering!

I reciprocate by boiling root vegetables to disintegration for a smell of our cuisine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wok 4 you has closed permanently? !! what! that's the one we use....
Reopened this week under the name of "Wau Asian Kitchen". Allegedly under new management but the menu is incredibly similar and strangely they knew my address from my phone number as before ! Anyway, portions are much smaller, prices much higher and the quality terrible. Ordered chow mein - clearly packet noodles and very badly cooked ( taking them back this evening for a refund ). Other dishes not the same and poorly cooked and the Kung Po Chicken tasted of vinegar. Complete disappointment. Won't be trying them again. Instead I will be using this book again - Amazon product - to cook 'takeaway' at home. Mrs and Miss WS couldn't believe I hadn't snuck out and brought the food from a takeaway !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here