Best chant @ Wycombe.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nemo

Nov 23, 2003
BN2
At our end it this one for me. It did not not work but it was the funniest chant i have heard at a match.

we want falmer
we want falmer
we want falmer
we want falmer
we want falmer
we want falmer
we are the falmer wanter's :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

to the tune of we hate palace.

Pure class.

Nemo

Nov 23, 2003
BN2
seems i am still being ignored, Oh well :salute:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
No, you are right, I particularly liked the uncertanty half way through as to how it was going to end.

Yet another highlight of a memorable day.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I rather enjoyed singing along to 'we want Falmer, we want Falmer' to the music during the sit in... How nice of Wycombe to play the tune over the speakers for us.

I had some rather fetching dance moves to to accompany the song as Brighton Boy will tell you...

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Towards the end of the first half we just did not let the "We want falmer" (To the tune of Tom Hark) drop. As soon as one song would end eg GOSBTS the "we want falmer" would start up!!

Great stuff.

Unfortunately the tune was then stuck in our minds all the way home in the sunshine bus! :lolol:

Nemo

Nov 23, 2003
BN2
what about, WE LOVE BRIGHTON MORE THAN YOU, when the t****s left at 4.45, Oh yeah i forgot they had a very good personal reason Maybe they forgot it was an away game & thought they would get to the bus stop quicker as they would rather sit at the front of the bus or god forbid miss it altogether. Sorry i went off on one then.

Nemo

Nov 23, 2003
BN2
Oh yeah, football united will never be defeated

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Nemo said:
what about, WE LOVE BRIGHTON MORE THAN YOU, when the t****s left at 4.45, Oh yeah i forgot they had a very good personal reason Maybe they forgot it was an away game & thought they would get to the bus stop quicker as they would rather sit at the front of the bus or god forbid miss it altogether. Sorry i went off on one then.

that was so annoying, why couldnt they give just 20 mins of their time for a further 100 years of the Albion.

p.s - we are the falmer wanters was one of the funniest chants i've heard in a long time :lolol:

Nemo said:

I am sure that the fans who left had a valid reason (they would not have left to get home in time for Casulty). The only people that left mear where was, was 2 guys with 4 young children, all under the age of 10. The kids wanted to go (apart from one) and they looked tired. It was better in the circumstances that they did.

Not that it would have been a problem if they had stayed. All I am saying is that the people who left probably did have valid reasons

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Lets get it right,the people who left had their own personal reasons,maybe they were not aware of any sit in ? But they also travelled to watch the Albion and I would have thought joined in all the Falmer songs.I feel very upset if we start having a go at fellow travelling fans for not supporting the Albion.
Lets get things into perspective.THEY WERE THERE.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Nemo said:

There might have been many good reasons why people didn't join the sit-in. I was at the sit-in at Orient a few years ago and that didn't get us anywhere, apart from arrested if you refused to move. It must also be remembered that sit-ins are only good if there is a big audience to take note of it, and that big audience this time was about 50 or so police and stewards. Any press coverage to get national attention would have been done during the game. I joined in the chanting and after the game spoke to a Wycombe fan who said "what were you chanting...we want what?"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where's your megaphone?

And "England's Number 1" to that midget kid who went in goal at half time. We should have finished it off by singing "Wycombe's number 2" to that lanky git that was playing in goal for them.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
wheres your megaphone

its over there:lol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
smilies-6175.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports