Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best cafe in Brighton?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not the greatest of locations but the cafe next to the Hobgoblin pub in London Road comes highly recommended. Fairly new and the two chaps that run it are really nice too. The grub is reasonably priced, well presented and good portions and the ambience is cool too. It's quite smart looking too.

Damn it! That's breakfast sorted!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it's a full English you're after the best in our city is The Pile Up from Harry's English Restaurant. A quality breakfast at a fair price. Nice staff as well. Check my avatar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A lot of people won't agree, but you can't beat Buddies for a gutbuster.

On a point if pedantry isn't the Gutbuster a Market Diner product?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, although if they have the patent then they need to take a tour of the whole country & get a good lawyer.

I have just looked on the Buddies website and there is no Gutbuster listed under breakfasts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, although if they have the patent then they need to take a tour of the whole country & get a good lawyer.

In Brighton, I do think the Gutbuster is synonymous with The Market Diner though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
buddies. Thread closed.

There is actually a website that's a guide to all the cafes in Brighton. Can't remember what it's called.

EDIT: I mean BILLIES, bloody hangover. Everything else is shit by comparison.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Market Diner while sober? I'm happy to kebab sober but that's too much. I once ate all the mega gutbuster apart from one sausage and half a burger. There was an unfed dog with us and he wouldn't finish them for me.

The Cafe on Elm Grove is 'Elm Grove Cafe'. Still good but not like it was 20 years ago.
Macs for a Macs special always a tempter.
Other end of town I'm partial to Scotties.
Center of town I'm out of touch on fry ups, anyone know how the Dumb Waiter is these days? Tiffanys was ok too.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Carrats cafe not strictly in Brighton is the business!

D

Deleted User X18H

The place in Matlock Road is good. As is Harry's oh and the Palmeria Cafe if its still going.

D

Deleted User X18H

Any one remember Grahams Breakfast Bar in Hove? Now that was the business.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
buddies. Thread closed.

There is actually a website that's a guide to all the cafes in Brighton. Can't remember what it's called.

Buddies is excellent if you're smashed at 4am, but aside from this it's nothing to write home about. I can name at least 5 cafes, without really thinking, which are much much better in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here