Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best beer for the World Cup

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I will be watching as many matches as possible, and intend to get a polypin or similar of real ale at home: but what's the best real ale available as bright beer? And how long does it keep?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Bright only lasts a few days.

Fron Horsham you could pop down to Partridge Green to Dark Star (if you can't get to Lewes).

It would definitely be worth the trip to Harveys which I love: but maybe not if it's only going to last a short while. Is there any way of extending its shelf life: or can I buy a barrel of non bright beer???

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I shall be investing in a huge bottle of Tanqueray Gin. Probably a case of some tasty ale too.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It would definitely be worth the trip to Harveys which I love: but maybe not if it's only going to last a short while. Is there any way of extending its shelf life: or can I buy a barrel of non bright beer???

Of course. You have to wait a few days for it to settle. Trust me - that is not as easy as it may sound .................

One a week should sort you out nicely. What about the Horsham breweries - King (and the other one) ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seen as its in S.A you should go for Castle.

However i dont like it....so i will stick to Cobra thanks.

I was fantasising the other day about laying in supplies of relevant beers for each match ...

A few bottles of Schems Bavaroise, brewed in Oran, for example, for the England v Algeria game.

It would be a challenge, though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I was fantasising the other day about laying in supplies of relevant beers for each match ...

A few bottles of Schems Bavaroise, brewed in Oran, for example, for the England v Algeria game.

It would be a challenge, though.

Some of the TSLR crew were trying to do a World Cup of beers. Don't know if they managed it in the end.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some of the TSLR crew were trying to do a World Cup of beers. Don't know if they managed it in the end.

I could see that sourcing a beer from North Korea could be taxing...

Jul 7, 2003
Get some in from Hepworths near Horsham station. They'll even deliver it to your door for you if you want. Their organic blonde lager is a cracker as well for the non-ale drinkers - I'm drinking a bottle right now:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here