Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best and Worst Pundit Awards . . so far

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was the know it all co commentator for the Chile vs Spain game. Found him really irritating. I assume he was world class in his day given the way he was talking?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Robbie Savage is by far the worst for me. Completely ruined the USA/Ghana game by constantly moaning about everything and trying to turn anything into a ****ing 606 debate.

Savage was on 5Live yesterday talking about the Uruguay v England match and his views were pretty much " The first thing any England defender must do in the match is to smash Suarez's knee and let him know we mean business, put doubts in to his mind about whether his knee will hold up..." " Of course, do it legal like, but,smash his knee anyway "

That's what Robbie brings to a football match.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No love for Thierry Henry? Think he's been excellent on the BBC's coverage, well informed, knows what he's talking about, willing to have a bit of a joke with Lineker.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
BBc coverage and pundits are generally great, ITV's coverage and pundits are generally rubbish.

Hoddle and Strachan keep getting rolled out by ITV and are really poor.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worst pundit by a mile has been Phil Neville. It doesn't matter what you say if you deliver it in a robotic monotone drawl.

I haven't been impressed by Cannavaro, Henry, Vieira, Seedorf - all very bland and far too much arse-kissing by the Beeb. Hoddle and Dixon have been good, Danny Murphy not bad, Brotherton OK.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is what Robbie Savage sounds like to me...

balloon-squeaker.jpg

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Funny how people see things differently. Clarke Carlisle has been the stand out commentator for me - knowledgeable and articulate and the right dose of enthusiasm and excitement mixed in. On the other hand, Phil Neville's commentary has been an embarrassment but I would blame the BBC more than the man himself. Should never have been thrown in to the deep end like that.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Danny Murphy surprised me last night by talking about a good foul. Don't really want a generation of young kids lumping into people and then telling the ref, it's ok, it was a good foul.

Otherwise I quite like Murphy. Carlisle sound pretentious to me - I really don't like Lawrenson's sardonic boredom style - and as for Phil Neville, well the BBC should be ashamed of putting such a dull man on such an important game. So many of the studio guests look self satisfied - Strachan is a dick with media most of the time so why invite him on to pander to him now. I like Thierry Henry and can pretty much leave all the rest of them - Chiles takes the biscuit for the biggest imposter on sports TV.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best - liked Hoddle (I know everyone else seems to slate him), Seedorf.

Worst - Danny Mills (a bore who seems to have set camp in the BBC and so is now on a nice earner for the next 20 years), Ferdinand - awful indiscernible speech and a miserable face made for radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here