Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion goal you have seen live?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
.......though I also considered Bob McNicol's rocket free kick in the Burnley FA cup match at the Goldstone.

Here is my fave - cut and pasted from a similar thread in February 2007!

"Gary Nelson in the mud against (I think) Bristol City in the season we went back up to Div 2.

I think it was part of a hat trick, we won 3 - 2 and he hit it so hard the keeper didn't start to dive until it had hit the back of the net. It was in front of the West Stand and everytime I recall it he seems to be further away from the goal - tonight he is just outside the Brighton area.

Anypne with more accurate memories of this one or have I just imagined it?"

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Bobby Z's chip at Bury in 2001 was something special.

The three second half goals in the play off semi final at home to Millwall all had a touch of class about them.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bobby Z's chip at Bury in 2001 was something special.

I was going to vote for that in recent times. Other recent ones, Nathan Jones at Forest when we won 3-2 and Jakey's hat trick goal at Hddersfield.

Longer ago I remember Gerry Ryan scoring a cracker at West Ham when he dribbled round goodness knows how many players; but we still lost 2-1:( ; Peter Ward comletely bamboozling the York City defence (shown on MOTD that night) and even further ago than that, Brian Bromley when he was captain - I can't remember who against - at the Goldstone picking the balll up in his own half and taking it 40 yards or so before smashing it in the net.

The two 1 on 1 goals Ryan and Connor scored against Grobelaar in the FA Cup in Jan 84 weren't bad either

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Alan Biley overhead kick against Grimsby in the 1st game of the 1985-86 season. I seem to recall it was disallowed.

Jimmy Case v Liverpool 1981- A cross from Don Shanks finds Case in the area who unleashes a flying header into the roof of the net leaving Grobbelar flapping like a kipper. A remarkable comeback, 3-1 down, Case makes it 3-2; Ritchie equalises.

Paul (Tank) Clark takes on the whole of the Spurs team in 78' and scores a fine solo goal.

Peter Ward v Sunderland in 78' - a great move followed by Wardy smashing the ball into the top corner.

Lawrenson v Wolves

So many!

I will opt for Case v Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here