Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best 3 Bands You Have Seen Live

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
You’re not the first on this thread to say Big Country, I find it odd and if you were to start a thread on the 3 worst bands you’d seen live I’d chose Big Country on 2 separate occasions. I’m not having a dig at them or those who voted for them, and I wasn’t adverse to their records, but 2 of the 3 times I’ve seen them live they were diabolical. At one instance their drummer threw his sticks out into the crowd after the 3rd or 4th number, and the crowd promptly threw them back.

I was 16 at the time and one of the best bounces i've had at a gig . It was the only time i saw Big Country ,so can't really comment on them to much . It will upset people ,but i saw Oasis once and thought they were toilet live and walked out after 40 minutes .

boik

I must have seen The Fall not far short of a three figure number of times, not including the time me and me bruv's band actually SUPPORTED them. MES swapped his line-up more often than Potter does. Like he said, words along the lines of "If it's me and me nan on bongos, then that's The Fall". Most astounding aspect of a Fall gig IMHO, was that they never started off with some new stuff, then built up to their 'Greatest Hits'. Very very rarely heard them play something live that I'd even heard on record, apart from maybe very earlydoors. Loved The Fall as a band above all others. RIP MES :down:

Saw The Fall a few times in the early days and then went 2 decades without seeing them. Saw them again at C2 in 2017 and the things that used to annoy the hell out of me about MES i found totally captivating. I must have mellowed, and was so glad I saw them one last time.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I must have seen The Fall not far short of a three figure number of times, not including the time me and me bruv's band actually SUPPORTED them. MES swapped his line-up more often than Potter does. Like he said, words along the lines of "If it's me and me nan on bongos, then that's The Fall". Most astounding aspect of a Fall gig IMHO, was that they never started off with some new stuff, then built up to their 'Greatest Hits'. Very very rarely heard them play something live that I'd even heard on record, apart from maybe very earlydoors. Loved The Fall as a band above all others. RIP MES :down:

Like you, The Fall are the band I’ve seen the most I’d estimate 60-70 times. Had many, many great nights including The Old Market fire alarm gig [MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] , however I don’t think I could put them down in my top three live bands which might be..

The Clash
Husker Du
My Bloody Valentine

Bloody hell the excessive drinking must be worse than I thought! 15 then not 13 :lolol:

It all kicked off and they refused to play until the skinheads stopped fighting on the dancefloor apart from that I remember next to nothing about the evening :lolol:

I looked about 7 but no one gave a shit and you could get a drink without issue....

That was the first night of the two tone tour with madness and selector :whistle:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes In 2005 and 2008 . The Borderline Club was one of the venue's small and tight . The Gig was fantastic ,spent most of the night having a beer or 2 with Mark Lamarr and he was a good crack. 2nd venue was London but for the life of me can't remember where ,another tight small venue but was a good night . It's a shame they all fell out again.

I saw them probably around 1980 in a Polytechnic building in Lewes Road Brighton ( near Moulscoomb station )
I lived nearby and one of my friends mentioned a band were playing that evening, a few of us went down in the afternoon, met the band and watched the sound check, they gave us some stickers and put us on the guest list.

Difficult to rank, but disregarding Lizzy, Bruce and the E Street Band and Elton John I give you....

Madness - Brighton Centre just before Christmas late '80's - one of those "got a spare ticket if you are interested..." gigs. They owned the audience (who were mainly a sea of fancy dressed dancing good natured nuttiness) for 90' and I had forgotten how many catchy tunes they had.
Slade - Brighton Centre again. Due to a technical issue they played the gig with the house lights on but as Noddy Holder is possibly one of the greatest front men in rock nobody seemed to mind.
T'Pau - Supporting Bryan Adams at Wembley. They kicked ass and Carol Decker has a great voice.

No ****ing way! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I don't remember either of the other two playing!!!!

Deary me I've lost the plot....
Pretty sure they hadn't played the top rank before although I could be wrong:moo:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229_172605.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229_172605.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 57

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1979 at the top rank I would have thought???

Bloody hell the excessive drinking must be worse than I thought! 15 then not 13 :lolol:

It all kicked off and they refused to play until the skinheads stopped fighting on the dancefloor apart from that I remember next to nothing about the evening :lolol:

I looked about 7 but no one gave a shit and you could get a drink without issue....

A542F917-3AFD-45F9-A11B-97D64B7A7FB8.jpeg

Early tour dates.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Jesus don't make it any worse :lolol:

So now it could be another year again? :lolol:

Actually, I was still at school so it had to be 79 because that was my last year.

Cheers chaps I was already worried about my mental facilities as I'm getting older and now you've confirmed my worries :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I’m pleased you got into the Suite back then, I gave up buying tickets age 14 - 15 as the door staff wouldn’t let me in.
There must of been about 20 of us outside for Stiff Little Fingers, I was absolutely gutted not to get in.

I did get to meet The Specials outside their hotel on the day of the gig.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Going to list 4 - because it is too difficult to separate the bottom 3 - nobody better than Rory Gallagher when he was on form.

1. Rory Gallagher
2. Phantom Orchestra
3. Paul Cleary and the Blades
4. In Tua Nua

Would have loved to had the opportunity to see Stiff Little Fingers

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’m pleased you got into the Suite back then, I gave up buying tickets age 14 - 15 as the door staff wouldn’t let me in.
There must of been about 20 of us outside for Stiff Little Fingers, I was absolutely gutted not to get in.

I did get to meet The Specials outside their hotel on the day of the gig.

Don't want to upset you but I'm about 5ft 6 too :lolol:

I did have the usual snide ID but never used to get asked much, used to go in Sherry's too :lolol:

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Must have been the Dome then - but I have a memory of having to wear a tie.....must be getting old

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here