Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Bespoke garden office advice please

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:lolol:
These garden office sellers/builders are pretty clever, new name for a summer house / fancy shed.
Probably only bought/built by those daft buggers who already have one or more spare bedrooms that could be easily kitted out as an 'office' by B&Q or IKEA for less than fifty quid :lol:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I can’t help with that company and obviously have no idea of your budget but I recently used Skinners for my garden office and would recommend them.

I went with a 6 x 8 foot version of one of these which ended up coming in around £6k including all the electrical work to connect to mains.

View attachment 160335View attachment 160336View attachment 160337
The roof insulation is pretty classy 👍

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I recall a thread on this a couple of years ago, and noted some lovely garden offices. A bit out of my price range unfortunately.

However, one of the recurrent NSC banner ads is for Dunster House Garden Offices. I took a peek at their site and the prices are much more affordable (for me). I assume the cost of assembling it is additional.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this company? VFM, customer service, etc?

Cheers,

HWT
Hope this helps :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These sheds don't look very bespoke

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A quick google suggests that there are many Shed companies in Sussex that offer free erections. I wonder if one of those would be of any use?
Kent.

If you'll pardon the expression.

punk:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably only bought/built by those daft buggers who already have one or more spare bedrooms that could be easily kitted out as an 'office' by B&Q or IKEA for less than fifty quid :lol:
One of our bedrooms is already an office, now Mrs T is working from home. The plan is to create a space that combines the usual garden storage (mower, strimmer and All Of That Shite) with enough length to set up a dartboard in a mancave space*, plus space for an easel (Mrs T is a portrait painter, when in the mood).

My actual house has a massive garden, but is basically a Victorian end-terrace (with, admittedly, an extension of extreme loveliness).

*And let's face it, as I hurtle towards twilight's gleaming, and find the stairs a bit of a bugger, my night-time grunting and screaming causing increasing disturbance and distress to the family, it will be somewhere for me to sleep :lolol:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Working remote from the house has mad a huge difference for me. I'm circa 140ft from the house, they phone me rather than shouting up the stairs, but the dogs still come up to see me. I blast music out, shout obscenities at my computer and sit in the sun when I want a couple of moments. It makes a huge difference. I work from 8 to late as the yanks get on line from mid day and do 60 hours a week regularly. The leaky shed makes such a huge difference. Could not work so hard and so efficiently from the house. Not possible. It paid for itself pretty bloody quickly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of our bedrooms is already an office, now Mrs T is working from home. The plan is to create a space that combines the usual garden storage (mower, strimmer and All Of That Shite) with enough length to set up a dartboard in a mancave space*, plus space for an easel (Mrs T is a portrait painter, when in the mood).

My actual house has a massive garden, but is basically a Victorian end-terrace (with, admittedly, an extension of extreme loveliness).

*And let's face it, as I hurtle towards twilight's gleaming, and find the stairs a bit of a bugger, my night-time grunting and screaming causing increasing disturbance and distress to the family, it will be somewhere for me to sleep :lolol:

‘One of our bedrooms’ - Classic H again 🙄🤣

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
These are a good shed
931FB8DB-C5C8-4221-98C5-8F410812EBEE.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Check for any restrictive covenants in the title register.

A true story, a nice neighbour from the road behind ours built a lovely and unobtrusive garden office. He then received a solicitor’s letter, which was factually/legally correct, that it had exceeded the permitted square footage for garden outbuildings in our locality.

He had to take the whole thing down!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I recall a thread on this a couple of years ago, and noted some lovely garden offices. A bit out of my price range unfortunately.

However, one of the recurrent NSC banner ads is for Dunster House Garden Offices. I took a peek at their site and the prices are much more affordable (for me). I assume the cost of assembling it is additional.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this company? VFM, customer service, etc?

Cheers,

HWT
I was just browsing the Costco website and came across these garden offices that seem good quality and very resonable. Prices include installation with the exception of the base.

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Sheds-Patio/Garden-Structures/Log-Cabins/c/cos_9.3.4

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here