Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal vows to 'respect' the 12 months left on his contract

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perfectly reasonable and sensible on his part, vast majority pf people would do the same in his position. Club can't offer him a 'PL style' contract at this stage so he's going to wait and see. Given his pivotal role I don't think the club will let him go - maybe a new contract in Jan with a promotion-dependent clause, or a release clause if we don't go up perhaps.

No worries about him busting his balls for us in the meantime. Don't think he knows any other way.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I see no issue with this. He’s doing what’s in his best interest whilst also trying to be loyal to the club. If we get promoted this season I've little doubt he will sign a new contract with us since we’ll be in a position to offer him something much more lucrative than whatever it is he has now.

If we don't go up and he leaves for free then I won't hold it against him, best of luck.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Basically that translates to, if we don't go up, I will leave for free, but if we do I'd like to stay.

We are going to be forever in champ if we don't make it this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Understandable and can see why he is doing it. The acid test will be in January I think

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
All part of the price we have to pay for such a great season which ultimately didn't end in promotion. All our best players performed and as a result all of them are firmly in the shop window. Can't get pissed off about it really. It is what it is.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If we get to the end of this window and no decent offers have come in for him I think he will sign a new deal

Sounds a bit of a "come and get me" invite for other clubs - a reminder that he can be had for a reasonable fee with only 1 year left. Possibly hedging his bets.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Kayal told The Argus: you never know about the future but at the moment I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion player, I'm happy here. We'll see

Those little snap shots tell you everything you need to know, a lack of investment in the squad could be used as an excuse for I am not happy with the way the club are not moving forward etc, etc

he is waiting for an official approach, and wooooooshhhh....

Who can blame him, that statement keeps the fans onside for now, and keeps it relatively open for i am willing to offers...

Kayal told The Argus: "I have one year left on my contract and I need to respect it, to enjoy the moment, to do everything I can for the club because the club has given me everything.
"Everyone knows in football you never know about the future but at the moment I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion player, I'm happy here. We'll see but I'm happy to stay here."

Seems fair enough, hopefully when we're top at Christmas he'll sign the new deal!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully a mega ££££££ gold plated 4 year contract and club captaincy position will be his reward at the end of this season with a promotion.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Fair enough, I think. We're unlikely to get a good enough fee for us to want to sell, he wants to play in the Prem, all told its the best we could hope for.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Letting him run his contract down doesn't strike me as Bloom's style of business with regard to transfers. Perhaps this is Kayal's attempt to get us to up the value of the offer we've made him?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Letting him run his contract down doesn't strike me as Bloom's style of business with regard to transfers. Perhaps this is Kayal's attempt to get us to up the value of the offer we've made him?

I would be very happy for Stephens to take the same stance. It's a gamble but if those two go it will reduce our chances of promotion dramatically. Isn't gambling what TB does for a hobby and given our losses we mist be a hobby of his.

If we go up the transfer fees wil be peanuts to what we'll get next season. If it was my money I'd take the gamble and I hardly bet at all :shrug:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Sounds a bit of a "come and get me" invite for other clubs - a reminder that he can be had for a reasonable fee with only 1 year left. Possibly hedging his bets.

I don't think that's in Kayal's nature. I think it's more a case of answering a question directly put to him by Naylor.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Frankly, I'm disappointed and I'd rather he go now for the money we will get in and we get in a longer term replacement. No player is irreplaceable and no player is worth more than the club. Kayal & Stephens could easily sign a two year contract extension with a buy out clause but yet he and Stephens will go for free when their contract expires and this means that unless they sign a new contract, the club will more likely cash in now rather than wait until his contract expires and lose for no money.

I think he and Stephens are the best midfield partnership I've ever seen over 40 years of supporting the club, but I'm sorry he's trying to come across as a hero when in fact he's being a ****.

Sell him and Stephens now while we've still got time in the transfer window to replace them and whilst we would get around £10 mil for them both.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was Bloom I'd be very tempted to bring in another quality central midfielder, just in case it becomes impossible to hang on to one or both of these guys.

Leon Osman is available, that ticks a lot of boxes for me. Wages would be high but with JFC and Crofts off the wage bill it should be doable, particularly if he can ship out Holla too.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I am slightly disappointed that Kayal and Stephens have not extended there contracts. We have got them both playing there best football and it would be nice if a player just shows some loyalty. Wouldn't it be fair if they signed a contact with a buy out clause after this season say? If we don't go up? At least the club don't lose out then. Its ok when we are paying Stephens for 7 months whilst injured.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am slightly disappointed that Kayal and Stephens have not extended there contracts. We have got them both playing there best football and it would be nice if a player just shows some loyalty. Wouldn't it be fair if they signed a contact with a buy out clause after this season say? If we don't go up? At least the club don't lose out then. Its ok when we are paying Stephens for 7 months whilst injured.

The only loyalty player have is to themselves and who can blame them, get the best possible deals as lets face it they have very short careers. Who can blame them I don't

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So, Kayal stays, Knockheart (sp) tied by 3 year contract, bids for Stephens turned down. Lets keep Dunk, get in the two quality players we all know that we need, and BINGO! Told you this football management malarkey was overtalked and overated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here