Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beppe Sannino resigns as Watford Head Coach

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Fair play to the Watford Observer, they have been all over this. Called it two weeks ago that the player unrest went way beyond that one Lloyd Dyer 'celebration'; went a lot further saying Sannino's future was in serious doubt after an interview with him, and kept the pressure up with something clearly going on in the background.

From Aug 20

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11422971.sannino_s_watford_reign_in_serious_doubt/

Quality journalism when they knew it would upset the club they have to work with - but officials just couldn't suppress it, because it was true.

Sannino actually went into that Leeds match eight days ago more at risk than Hockaday. Now they're both gone.

Some of those managers out of work should walk over glass for that job, they have an automatic-promotion winning squad as long as they don't lose too much ground in the next month.

'Asked if he knew his best 11, he said: “In my head I have the players who are more functional for my football but I am one man, I am one papi, I am one brother and I am one d**khead."' ???

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Oscar heavily odds on with both bookmakers who are giving prices for next Watford manager - Although as we know 'next manager odds' can rarely be taken too seriously as an indicator.

The usual suspects are listed in the betting. However, if I was going for a value long shot, you could do worse than Brian McDermott at 33/1 maybe? ???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'd give the bloke a good reception - but the few games I've seen under Sami have made me realise how dire some of the football was last year, I wish the bloke well but he's a pretty bizzare man & given how Watford traditionally have played this season and before it's difficult to imagine him there.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The journalist with the best sources at Leeds is also saying OG is a possibility up there, but I'd go for Watford every time if he has the choice as things stand - promotion prospects, squad, and owner.

Incidentally Frank Smith, the journalist who broke the Sannino unrest story, has had some stick from Watford fans saying it is because of his original article Sannino resigned. You hear this kind of thing from Albion fans occasionally when awkward or bad news is reported, and it is utter drivel. It is the job of a journalist to convey what is actually going on. Not just what is cosy, convenient, and won't ruffle feathers, as long as there is no malicious agenda (certainly not in this case).

Smith himself has just explained this very succinctly in a series of six tweets ( [MENTION=24494]franksmith[/MENTION]_Wat )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here