Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With respect, you didn't have to deal with the emails when he couldn't login, nor the PMs when he could.

I can't begin to imagine how many more posts he would have made if he hadn't suffered from login problems most days.

I'd happily field many more of those emails today if I could...

I did recieve quite a few PM's from BG, requesting decent streaming links to watch the Albion play.
Always polite and grateful :)

A big character and always more thoughtful than the reputation that preceded him.

Would be nice to have a sub forum of NSC where you could read a small curated selection of definitive posts from users who are sadly no longer here

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Some may ( or may not find this amusing ) but between our disagreements I did find time to send him a spare scart splitter box

He replied back when he got it that he didn't need it. :lolol:

Wish I'd met him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolutely gutted. RIP BG, he is a true legend of the board and I have no idea what the mods can do on here, but if there was ever a Hall of Famer type user it's BG.

It would be a nice gesture if this thread, once complete, could be moved to NSC Gold.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Terribly sad. Sending my condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Never met him in person as far as I’m aware and very rarely agreed with his views on here but an absolute legend of this board and one of the members who have kept it so entertaining to me over the many years.

It won’t be the same on here without him. RIP BG.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Very sad news to wake up to, got several chuckles from me over the years and I thought of him as a Capt Mainwaring type of chatacter. RIP BG.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A real shame, rest in peace BG.

I never really understood some of the reaction of many on here to BG, seemed mostly innocuous in my view.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Many, many people have sadly passed away since I first registered on NSC all those years ago, but I didn't know any of them personally and I therefore didn't feel moved to post in relation to their passing, sad though it obviously was for their respective friends and family.
I didn't personally know Ben's Grandad either, but as others have said on here, through his regular contributions I feel as though I did actually know him.

This news has absolutely shocked and distressed me, and for the very first time as a poster I genuinely want to pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

I'm just pleased that NSC must have given him so much pleasure during his lifetime. You don't post nearly 75,000 times on a message board if you're getting no pleasure from doing it!

This place definitely won't be quite the same from now on, Brian's musings will be sorely missed, and there can be no doubt whatsoever that he truly earned the 'Legend' status being attributed to him.
How many others ... on any message board, not just this one ... are instantly recognised simply from the first letters of their user name?

RIP BG, you will be missed. :salute:

Yoda

English & European
I honestly don't think this place will be the same without BG's post, whether controversial, tongue in cheek or for the hell of it. A sad and big loss to this board and no doubt your family. :(

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Rest in peace BG

Up the Albion

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I loved BG’s posts... especially the technical help questions. I often found I had the complete opposite views on football, which always made me laugh. RIP. Seemed like a top fella. Thoughts with his family.... and Ben.

Still haven’t found an Omsung Phine!?!??

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A very sad day for not only the Lisher family but the Albion family in general, Brian (BG) lived and breathed the Albion and at 76 years of age had actively done so for over 70 of those.

Testing the NSC waters, so to speak, should the club put Brian’s photo up on the screen on 76 minutes on Saturday? (Apologies if fixtures)

Personally I think they should.

Yes

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Show this thread to his family , especially the young ones. He was a big part of what makes NSC the greatest site on the internet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh my God I have just seen this. It is 03:25 in the morning and I woke up from the couch. I absolutely loved him, this is shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here